“Perfect for that special occasion”

Radii Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #421 of 4,330 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Awarded Deluxe Restaurant of The Year at the 2016 Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA) Awards for Excellence. As you make your way to the table, be part of the action as our chefs’ chop, dice, sift and stir in the open plan kitchen. Absorb the energetic atmosphere as Chef de Cuisine Tyson Gee leads his team in an exciting and innovative direction. Stepping away from a traditional three-course meal, radii restaurant & bar offers guests a sharing style menu that is inspired, refined, featuring flavours from around the globe. Listen and learn as our attentive associates share with you the stories of our suppliers as you sit back and enjoy some of Australia’s best produce and finest wine in luxurious surrounds.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We made a last minute reservation at this restaurant and I am very glad we did, the food was sublime my husband had the steak and he said that it was the best tasting steak that he has had in a long time, I had the Aylesbury Duck which was delicious. The staff were very attentive but not over powering keeping there distance while keeping an eye open to make sure that all your needs are met. We will definitely be going back again

1  Thank Thalia-11-8

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We recently hosted a 60th dinner party for 8 in the private Dining Room within Radii. The staff couldn't have been more helpful in supporting me to plan the event. The food and wine was faultless and the service was omnipresent but unobtrusive and friendly. One of our guests is challenged by stairs and staff took great pains to open an external door and to escort him safely through the side gardens. Couldn't speak more highly of the experience.

1  Thank Denpic
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We celebrated our friends 18th wedding anniversary here recently and had a night to end all nights. The food and service were fantastic and the cocktails excellent. The best thing for us was our ability to maintain a tab and retire to the bar at the end of the night (a 5 hour dinner - why not! *grin*).
My advice for fellow travellers - get clear directions to the restrooms *before* you've had a few drinks (so well hidden you can barely find them!) and be sure to have the steak!

1  Thank Tandarook
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had especially booked the Chef's Table at Radii for my wife's 50th Birthday dinner. There were 5 of us and this was a meal as it should be enjoyed. We dined over 4 hours of the most exquisite food delivered to us in 8 courses by a Chef who clearly is inspired. We were given the choice of choosing our own 8 courses from the menu or going with the chef's selection and we went with the chef even though some of the courses were no what we would normally dine on. The Chef hit the mark perfectly. We devoured the meal in a timely fashion and we all had a complete dining experience. The table overlooked the kitchen and felt like a private dining area and as such was exactly what we needed for our celebration. The interaction with the Chef was both informative and friendly and he guided us through the meal. Service was first class and as good as we have received anywhere in the world. From what we saw being sent out from the kitchen to the diners you cannot go wrong dining here. It has created a special memory for our family and we could ask for no more

2  Thank Michael Y
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Every year for our birthday, my husband and I select a Fine Dining restaurant from the Entertainment Book to try out. I had booked two other restaurants but changed my mind when I saw the reviews about Radii Restaurant & Bar at the Park Hyatt. I stayed at the hotel when I was recovering from the birth of our son and the service and food was just fantastic. Looking at the photos of the restaurant, it had a consistent feel as the rest of the hotel which was just beautiful so I decided to book for dinner on a Saturday night.
When we arrived we were taken to our table which was on the very top level. We started out with some very nice bread and then ordered the following items:

Starters

Wood Roasted Field Mushroom
Chips

Desert
Valhorna Choc Quartette

The food was as delicious as the atmosphere was just excellent. It felt like a traditional, old-school restaurant in New York City, something that Sinatra and Dean Martin would dine in. For a big restaurant the service was consistent, although I did ask two staff members for more bread towards the end of our meal so my husband can mop up the steak sauce on his plate but did not get any. However, we are willing to look past that since everything else was fantastic. We were so full by the end of our meal which is always a concern of mine with these fine dining restaurant - whether I'd be full and satisfied or not - but at Radii my husband and I were both full and really satisfied with the meal.
I would recommend this restaurant for a nice dinner out. We have been to many other fine dining restaurant but the Radii is now at the top of our list where I can see us regularly visiting in the years to come. Thank you to the staff at Radii for making our birthday dinner such an enjoyable event. See you again soon.

2  Thank SteVie7781