“Go To Paris In Carlton”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

It may help to have a French name when you go ( as I do ) but we would not have got better food cos of it just the best table on a Friday night . Place was packed, but they still managed good service with a sense of humour and touch of French arrogance ( which is fine by me ) . Very consistent French food ( have been twice in 6 months) . Duck is fabby but be warned a very generous serve.Fish soup and onion soup excellent ,mixed oysters a fun date night thing to order. Crepe Suzette one of the best I have ever had not too sweet lovely thin crepes. Well balanced wine list with French and Australian selections by the glass and half and full bottles so very accesible. Lets not forget how delightfull a traditional French meal is considering all the Asian fusion/ modern places there are now.

There are newer reviews for Paris Go Bistro

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I highly recommend Paris Go. I went earlier this year with friends and had the best duck dish ever. Couldn't stop telling everyone about my experience. Enjoyed it so much, went again recently with my family for Mother's Day, and the food and service again were excellent. That's the great thing about Paris Go. Ideal for families (probably not very small children), couples or get togethers with friends. Great variety of food, they will try and cater for any food allergies if you let them know. The staff are friendly and professional and it has a quiet atmosphere that enables you to have an enjoyable time. They have the best 'frites' and I also recommend their house made an cold meat platter for entree. Try the duck - it's devine. Bon appetit!

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten twice at Paris Go in the last 3 months either side of a trip to France with my wife. While we were away we ate in cafes, bistros and even a couple of Michelin Star restaurants.

While the food at Paris Go may not have the sophistication and presentation of the better French restaurants, it certainly does have the essential qualities that matter. Immaculate oysters, superb charcuterie, complex sauces, perfectly cooked beef, amazing pomme fritz, delicious deserts and a great selection of French cheeses all make for a great night out.

Another bonus is that it is BYO. I was amazed to see the number of good quality bottles of Champagne, White Burgundy, Bordeaux and Sauternes on the tables. Our waiter was happy to recommend dishes that would complement the selection of wines that we had.

I look forward to returning there soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Food was nice, had duck and steak for mains, good size serve toi. Partner had ravioli for entree which he said was a little under cooked, you only get 3 ravioli which my italian, could eat a horse, partner was shocked by...
The service was fine, but not outstanding, had to make several attempts at eye contact anytime you wanted something, and they forgot our order of sides for the mains.
It wasn't terrible, and it wasn't great... but for the price there are much nicer french restaurants in melbourne.

1  Thank princess_bec
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Ahhh the good old days when Parisgo was still the Bullfrog !!! Gone now to a much more middle of the road food and atmosphere...