“Great food: Kid friendly”

Movida Bar De Tapas
Ranked #22 of 4,298 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: When we opened the doors to MoVida in Hosier lane, Melbourne in 2003 no one knew what to expect. Here was this little bar on a graffiti covered cobbled lane near the cathedral serving Spanish tapas and shared plates in a down lit room playing funky tunes. It's the kind of place you can come in for a beer and a jamon croquetta at the bar and then move across to a table and share a plate of slow braised lamb, some patatas a lo pobre and down some seriously good Spanish red wine.
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I took my two kids (8 and 10) with some trepidation fearing Movida may not have anything for them or that they may not have been welcomed on a busy Thursday night. I couldn't have been more wrong!
The menu is wide and caters for different tastes. Beef cheeks are to die for. Potato bombs are delicious. Extensive interesting wine list. And everything leads to the famous churros. Our waiter noticed that my kids had breathed in their churros without finishing their chocolate sauce. He simply asked how many more they wanted and swiftly provided them. Great night, will visit again

Write a ReviewReviews (2,375)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

MUST sit at the bar and soak up the atmosphere. Best advice is to ask the expert staff. They'll steer you in the right direction. Let them know what you like and don't like and then sit back and enjoy.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Amazing food and service, highly recommended if wanting Spanish food. The bar scene is amazing as well.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have an allergy to olives and olive oil (I know big ask for a Spanish restaurant). I phoned ahead and they had a menu sorted for my arrival.
Sometimes when this happens I feel like I'm getting a lesser experience - not here! There was a great selection accompanied by an understanding and helpful service man. Each plate was stunning, presented well and promptly. I'm so very glad that I didn't let my allergy stop me from eatting at this stunning restaurant!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoyed a great business dinner at Movida on a Sunday night. The restaurant only offers a banquet option for larger groups with two seatings.

On arrival Movida is always a headache as your table is rarely available, the entrance is chaotic and there is an atmosphere of superiority by the staff that greet you. After that all is ok and the service standard was excellent.

The food was great, beautifully cooked and well presented with a good explanation of the ingredients.

Overall, a good night with great food.