“Bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Luna Bistro

La Luna Bistro
Reserve with
La Luna Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 3,643 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: European, Australian, Gluten Free
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane
“Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Everything about La Luna was perfection. The food, the decor, the service. I personally would suggest(if you are a couple) asking for an upstairs table in the frontroom. Downstairs was noisy and had larger tables with more people whereas upstairs, there were only small tables, mostly couples and there was a very refined "hum" making the atmosphere just right.. This is a place that I would have no hesitation in going back to. When you leave you fell very special and that is a very rare occurrence.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank scooter2273

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Carlton
“Delicious meal for two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had dinner here thursday 20th March, just the two of us. Husband had been before and recommended we try it. He is a bigger meat fan than me.
The wait staff are delightful, pleasant and helpful. The food was excellent. We shared the salami croquettes and some oysters. I had fish, nicely cooked and presented, he had roast pork, and said the crackle was the best!! We had a side of spinach, but the beat part of the meal, for me, had to be the dessert: berries and pavlova, simple but elegant and soooo good.

1 Thank MissKDonkey
Australia
“Fablous food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We booked a lunch session & enjoyed the best garlic prawns we've ever had. I then had a beautiful snapper which was moist & delicious. Unfortunately we didn't have enough room for dessert...maybe next time. The atmosphere was relaxed & the waitstaff friendly & attentive.

• 3 of 5 stars
Sunbury, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“La Luna-our favourite here in Australia home city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here today, we have ate our way around Europe. We have always said Australia has fresh and variety but Europe have the presentation and taste. Well not anymore, we ordered" Let the Chef feed you" 6/7 course and it was full of fresh and Very Tasty food, Wow food. It looked very home cooked but the taste was amazing. This is our favourite restaurant now and to think its in our home city Melbourne/Carlton. Friendly waitress Nicole. We will be back and we will tell everyone. Good location. Topped it off to see Adrian there too! Excellent..

1 Thank coxy677
Melbourne
“La Luna - a gastronomic delight of the highest order!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Carole and I finally got to try Adrian Richardson’s amazing restaurant week or so back. Without any question, the friends we dined with and us had one of the most memorable dinners we can remember having in a long, long time.

Yes, there is little doubt that Adrian’s menu is about the joy of meat, but it is far more than that. People may be tempted to equate it to dear old Vlado’s, but it is more complete than the latter.

The menu is extensive and has a selection that will suit everybody - and you can rest assured you will certainly not leave hungry.

The wine list is extensive and of excellent quality. I even saw Pimms as an aperitif, something I have not seen on a wine list for a long time. So, I enjoyed one – but one could hardly call it a traditional Pimm’s. It certainly contained the necessary ingredients, but it was also heavily based on a fruit salad with wonderfully fresh fruit suspended in the delicious liquor.

Let me tell you a little of my dinner. I can tell you that the rest of them all enjoyed theirs, especially Carole who commented that the pork she had as her main meal was the best she had ever eaten anywhere. Her desert of Pavlova was sent to far exceed those of her mother’s creations, which is no small feat.

I requested the prawns in a chilli and garlic sauce for my entree. They were eight very big king prawns presented all of which were cooked to perfection in a wonderful butter, chilli and garlic sauce. A delight to consume.

For main course, I chose a Filet Mignon, 200gm, buttered beans & pepperonata - rare, of course - quite simply put – sensational - never bettered anyway including Vlado’s. I also requested mushrooms, garlic butter & parsley as a side dish. Again, never bettered anywhere.

Sadly, I could not contemplate dessert - Adrian had bettered me. However, our friends enjoyed Adrian's Mezze Plate selection of delicious desserts (to share for two or more). I was irritated with myself for not being able to take part in this gastronomic delight. However, I am going to make sure I get my turn when we return for Carole’s birthday. ( I booked a reservation that night as reservations can be tight, particularly at the weekend, such is the popularity of this marvellous Bistro).

The Bill? Not expensive when you consider the quality of the dining experience and the love and attention that goes into the meal!

In summary, it was a great night out, superb food, looked after by excellent waiting staff, all of whom make sure you are completely comfortable all night.

We do encourage you to go and experience a wonderful Melbourne Bistro - any visit to Melbourne will be incomplete without a visit to La Luna

• Visited February 2014