“Great food, great atmosphere”
Review of La Luna Bistro

La Luna Bistro
Ranked #138 of 4,245 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Fantastic food, friendly knowledgable staff, relaxed atmosphere. We really had a great night, everything we tried was delicious and would highly recommend to anyone. I notice that they have a 'takeaway' option now for those who don't have time to cook - I think it was called Hungry as Hell. This also looked delicious, and will certainly keep this in mind.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Melbourne friends asked me what sort of food I would like when I visit them, I said I want something Melbournian and it was a wonderful experience.

The restaurant is situated inside a heritage Victorian Terrace in the trendy area of Carlton. The ambience of the restaurant was wonderful and causal. The service was great.
The food was just superb. The crispy duck leg I ordered was cooked to perfection. The open hamburger was beautifully done and the chips were crispy and flavoursome.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Definitely check this place out if you like your food! I Have to recommend the Oysters !! They are shucked fresh when you order them.. Great professional service. Prices are quite competitive. Enjoy!! 4andahalfStars

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my first visit to celeb chef Adrian Richardson's restaurant, and Ican't speak highly enough of it. As son as we walked in the door, I could se Adrian in the kitcen (which I found exciting). Every single thing we ate that night was superb. Antipasto, roast pork, steak, lamb and the desserts were blissful. Our waitres couldn't do enough for us.
It is not at all pretentious (which I was kind of expecting). Perfect for a special night out, but also relaxed enough to go to for more casual delicious dinner.
I'll be back when I'm in Melbourne next

1  Thank Kylie W
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I try t make it to La Luna a couple of times a year when I visit Melbourne. By the time I get here I am usually fed up with the rubbish that gets great reviews and generally fall short in some area. This restaurant promises nothing more than consistency - great service staff, an ambitious menu and fabulous wine list. No need to say more. This is not a low cost evening so save up for a great experience. This time with my daughter, her husband and two eight year old foodies. It was their choice after a memorable meal of pork ribs some 4 months earlier. This is a very meaty experience but the seafood is also pretty good. The menu is always exciting from entrees to desserts and the wine by the glass are amazing and courageous. Any restaurant with a choice of three Calvados is entirely civilized and says a lot about Melbourne, La Luna and their absolutely first class staff. Keep it up!!