“Very good”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a greek restaurant close to were I was staying. It seemed very traditional, and the food was good. Lots of choice.

1  Thank shazza_away

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were extremely disappointed with this experience. The Banquet was not able to be completed. I cannot say how many things were wrong with tis meal -
1. We were served shellfish with out being asked about allergies - and my friend had a severe shellfish allergy. No shellfish on the menu. They served it because there was no baby octopus -
2. The baby octopus that was finally served looked more like a giant squid tentacle on the plate and it was tough.
3. The Calamari was also tough.
Never going back there for certain.
We were unable to finish the meal and left.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Kri Kri Greek restaurant used to be a place, I went to every time I had a chance to visit Melbourne on business. Unfortunately, my last meal earlier this week was very average and very expensive. The octopus, either marinated or charcoal grilled, used to be divine and available all seasons, but not this week. So I had one Miros beer, a pork sausage entree (which was nice but nothing special) and a over cooked crumbed sardine meal with potatoes (which was very bland despite the menu description). Service was attentive but nothing special, and the price of the meal for what it was just ridiculous - sorry, after many years being a customer I shall not go back.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Today is my bday. Searched on Internet what kind of restaurant to dine at? Hey why not try kri kri Cretan dishes. Yum.
Arrived at kri kri around 7pm with my husband. We were welcomed by a young girl who showed us to our seats and gave our menus until Michael came to take our orders.
Micheal was very helpful with our orders and once it was placed we got chatting about Greece, Crete, and other islands.
Like always we order a variety of entre's as they are filling and you get to try different flavours.
Being greek myself the food was more than delicious and that calamari lemonato is to die for.
Make sure u go on an empty stomach and enjoy the beautiful aromas of fresh food.
Take your time and to sweeten off the end of your night try their frappe and loukoumathes. ( whatever you do don't share)
We go to a lot of greek restaurant but nothing compares the quality, price, and freshness, like kri kri. I would definately be back and as for Stalactites, waste of my time and money.
Well done guys

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was an outstanding dining experience! Kri Kri is well positioned at the top end of China Town, very convenient for public transport. It has a marvellous ambience and a real Greek vibe. The reception was warm and welcoming and our host showed genuine interest.
As to the food: the Saganaki - 2 good-sized pieces was crisp to the bite and well textured; Loukanika (sausage) beautifully spiced and perfectly grilled; Marithes (whitebait) just the right size of fish and well cooked - crisp and not oily as often found in other restaurants - AND an exceedingly generous portion; the Sardeles Tiganites (sardines) are not to be missed, tangy and decidedly moreish; finally the Manitaria Sto Fourno - delicious field mushrooms!
We left feeling full and VERY content.
The only problem we now have is deciding, when we return, which of these dishes will we leave out in order to try the other tempting menu options.