JJ's Bar Level 1 Crown Towers 8 Whiteman Streetand Grill
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I haven't been to JJ's for a long time, but we decided to go here and have a bottle of champagne after dinner to celebrate a friend's good news. I am sure there used to be dining tables here in the past but instead there were gambling tables where the dining used to be. The atmosphere was really lacklustre, and the table we were given was under bright lights which made it even worse.

There was a duo playing and singing - and I have to say that they were very good, but that's about the only good thing about our experience on a Friday night at JJ's. However good the band may have been, there was no way I would have got up to dance, no matter how much champagne I'd consumed! I am usually the first person on the dance floor, but not here.

I definitely won't be rushing back to JJ's - I honestly can't recommend it at all. I don't remember it being so banal, I used to meet friends here before or after functions at the Crown and I don't have any bad memories of the past visits. Perhaps we just landed on a very quiet and light night, but I won't be rushing back to check any time soon.

There are newer reviews for JJ's Bar Level 1 Crown Towers 8 Whiteman Streetand Grill

Reviewed August 24, 2013

From the moment we were sat down, it was faulty towers !! Roy the waiter tried hard, that's the best it gets. All staff were dressed in whatever they found , no one came near us for 15 minutes. We ordered pre dinner drinks, beer and apple martinee, some drink in a kids glass with apple crumble on top was put down after another 15 minutes. Eventually we had many staff walking by, we ordered our meals. Carpaccio and oysters for entree! Oysters ok. Carpaccio stiff and average. Mains, bisque lobster tortellini and steak. Steak was ok however , some sauce on top was ordinary. Now for the bisque, no liquid at all and the pasta parcels were rock hard and cold. At $30 per entree and $50 plus for mains, very poor. Ordered a $265 of red wine. Wine was great, we continually requested to have more !! It went on and on, expensive and awful . Had words with manager, nice guy, well under trained. This should not be in crown. JJ,s. give up , put polls up and serve grog !

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere of this lovely restaurant. The gentleman on the piano was a very romantic touch and we enjoyed a three course meal that was suburb.

2  Thank stefania_au
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Absolutely delicious rib eye steak. I have eaten steaks all over the world and can say that the rib eye at this restaurant is top class. We went for our anniversary and got a glass of free champagne The service was prompt and friendly, they even let us taste a wine from an unopened bottle to see if we would like it! We did like it and can say that this was a great dinning experience. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Jj as been a feature of crown since it opened. The food and service is always good and the menu interesting but not way out there. Nice ambiance.