“An authentic Italian meal experience”
Review of Il Cantuccio

Il Cantuccio
Ranked #2 of 4,179 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Description: Step back in time as you enjoy your meal in a friendly relaxed family run business.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

From the time we walked into the restaurant we were made welcome, the menu is thorough and authentic Italian. Staff are attentive without hovering. 11 out of 10 !!

21  Thank Richard M
emcee-corn, Manager at Il Cantuccio, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your nice comments we're glad you enjoyed the evening.Hope to see you again soon. Il Cantuccio

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Recommended to this restaurant and was not disappointed. Wonderful family restaurant and service was excellent. Food good and the owner helped us pick a great Italian wine. Serving sizes were huge. Great restaurant

24  Thank donnaw268

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My partner and I went to Il Cantuccio while on a weekend trip to Melbourne and we were not disappointed. After checking the reviews on Trip Advisor and seeing all the positive reviews we gave it a try and I am so glad we did.
Firstly the wait staff are kind, polite, welcoming and look to assist you in any way possible. Then the food, amazing! We shared the calamari for starters which was soft and tasty. I had the chef's special gnocchi which were like little balls of light, fluffy, delicious goodness and definitely the best I have ever had. I am always hesitant to order gnocchi because it can be quite heavy but this was just delicious. My partner had the prawn pasta which was buttery, garlicy and tasty.
The only disappointment I had was that I couldn't fit in any dessert.

24  Thank Debbie_22382

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I wandered down Lygon Street looking for an Italian restaurant that seemed like what I remember from the back vicoli of Rome and this seemed to fit the bill. The stonework inside and the decorations make a greta first impression. I got there before a large crowd that they seated outside and chose a little table for one in the window. All went well until the hostess placed a family with a very loud and troublesome child right beside me, even though there seemed to be lots of room in the place. I would have stayed for dolce and digestivo, but I ended up bolting my food and wine so fast in my rush to get out that I hardly remember either. I'm sure this was an off night for them but I also doubt I'll ever get a chance to try them again. Che vergogna!

21  Thank Cerberus1961
emcee-corn, Owner at Il Cantuccio, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

We're glad you enjoyed your meal with us.We do apologize though for the screaming child,We would've been more than happy to move you to a quieter table so you could've enjoyed a desert a coffee and a glass of port,Maybe next time your in lovely Melbourne. Mario

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Thank you so much to every single person at il Cantuccio for the most wonderful dinner on Saturday night! It was my husband's birthday and we had escaped our three small children and busy jobs for the weekend - and our night in your restaurant is one we will never forget. It was just what we needed and perfect in every way. You sat us in the cosy corner at the front, attended to our every need with delicious food and wine and you didn't mind that we wanted to sit and soak up every minute! Thank you again - we will be back!

24  Thank Sarah W
emcee-corn, Manager at Il Cantuccio, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014