“Friendly service and superb food - I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Cantuccio

Il Cantuccio
Reserve with
Il Cantuccio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 4,058 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Description: Step back in time as you enjoy your meal in a friendly relaxed family run business.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Friendly service and superb food - I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

A brief business trip to Melbourne but one night free to go back to Il Cantuccio to see if I could be third time lucky on food and service. And I was.

Mario and his wife Lara are very special people. respect gets respect with them and my Friday night was an exceptional dining experience in which the food was only part of the equation. We shared conversation and good humour during the night and it just ended up as a memorable occasion. So how good is it when you don't get to a favorite restaurants for a few months and as soon as you walk in the door someone calls you by your name and welcomes you back ??

Il Cantuccio - I love you!

• Visited October 2013
26 Thank Watermannz
emcee-corn, Manager at Il Cantuccio, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Always a pleasure having a chat and a laugh with you.See you next time your in Melbourne.Mario

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
“BEST EVER ITALIAN !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

After having Il Cantuccio restaurant recommended to us, we dined there a few nights ago while on a trip to Melbourne.
From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated to excellent, warm, friendly, "family" service . The owner, Mario, is an excellent host, as is his wife Lara. The restaurant has such a warm atmosphere, there is no hype or glitz or glamour.. just authentic Italian hospitality.
I can't say enough about the food at Il Cantuccio. It is "real" Italian food.. not your typical "Aussie-Italian" meals. What was very evident about our meals was how fresh everything was. The meat, the vegetables etc.. you could truly taste the difference. The servings were extremely generous and the taste of our meals was just sensational.
I have to say that the tiramisu was the best I have ever tasted anywhere.
Everything about this restaurant was perfect for us. The ambience, the service, the warm, friendly service and the exceptional quality of the food, all made for an absolutely perfect evening.
We want to go back to Melbourne now just to go back to Il Cantuccio!!!
Thank you Mario for making our night so enjoyable!

• Visited October 2013
28 Thank HappyHolidaysSydney
emcee-corn, Manager at Il Cantuccio, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments we're glad you enjoyed the evening.Hope to see you again soon.
Gold Coast
“GREAT FOOD & SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Everytime I go to Melbourne I make sure I go to Il Cantuccio at least once. It's a family run restaurant on Lygon Street with excellent food and the Tiramisu is to die for. You can BYO bottled wine. If the weather permits we sit outside & you certainly don't notice the traffic going up & down Lygon Street.

• Visited March 2013
25 Thank coast16
Brisbane, Australia
“A friendly family restaurant and good food and wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I decided to book a meal for my family of 4 while we were on holiday in Melbourne recently. There were so many Italian Restaurants to choose from along Lygon St. We decided to step in this restaurant without being hassled and straightaway this lady welcomed us and sat on this cosy little corner. The staff were very friendly and will accommodate your order. The food is excellent! Bellisomo! from entree, main and dessert. We ordered the recommended wine and we had a glass each... it was very nice! I highly recommend this place! For a family of four, our bill was under $100!

• Visited August 2013
25 Thank Jek126
emcee-corn, Manager at Il Cantuccio, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
“Best Italian in Melbourne!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here for my birthday after reading the great reviews and we were blown away by the food, the incredibly friendly hosts and perfect atmosphere. Mario and his wife Lory were so accommodating, even secretly organising a candle for my Panna Cotta! Complimentary port after our amazing meal topped off a perfect night.

If you have only one night in Melbourne - this is where you eat! We will be back!

• Visited August 2013