“Surprising...”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My favourite dish was not their chinese, but their Steak. Steak was one of the best I've had in Melbourne, but their more Chinese dishes didn't live up to expectations. Still overall good consistent quality, if not fantastic, and excellent service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have wanted to visit Flower drum for literally years so was thrilled to recently have the opportunity. As a fan of authentic Chinese, I was looking forward to something special and prepared to pay for it. Which is why my husband, friends and I were all so disappointed. The service was impeccable and the food was....nice. And that was the problem- average food but absolutely nothing special. We have enjoyed tastier, more creative, melt in the mouth chinese at favourite haunts in Adelaide's Chinatown for a fraction of the price. Flower drum may have been fabulous once, but the night we visited it was trading on a reputation no longer justified. Glad we finally experienced it for ourselves but won't ever return.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great food great service simple and easy was a great place for busy catch up relaxed and professional

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place is great for a long lunch, take time between courses and the degustation is a must, with matching wines.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recently had the four course lunch banquet and was very impressed.
We started with the peking duck which was succulent and juicy. This was followed by the Barramundi and Crispy skin chicken with rice and steamed vegies. The barramundi was cooked to perfection, the chicken, whilst nice, was a bit so-so after a while. We then ate banana fitters which were amazing.
I ate here a few years ago and was not overly impressed, but after this meal, I would def return.