“Melbourne Very Elegant”

Cuisines: Asian, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: EZARD has been serving Teage Ezard’s acclaimed ‘Australian freestyle’ cuisine for seventeen years in a sleek subterranean dining room in the heart of the Melbourne CBD. Guests are invited to indulge in a variety of ways: from a weekday express lunch or pre-theatre dinner, to an eight course tasting menu replete with complementary wines to match. Quality seasonal produce is of the utmost importance; we foster long-standing relationships with our suppliers to ensure access to the very best of Australian ingredients. The menu continually evolves to take advantage of each ingredient at the height of its flavour, colour, appearance and quality.
“Melbourne Very Elegant”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

A superior class restaurant where fine dining is the order of the day.
The courtesy and knowledge of the staff regarding food and wines is execptional.
The surroundings make you feel as if you are dining as a couple alone, not in a restaurant.
The price although expensive is worth everything dollar spent.

A wonderful place for the romantics

• Visited July 2013

Wollongong, Australia
“Close to perfection!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been visiting Melbourne regularly for business trips over the last two years. I've eaten in a number of the top end restaurants, being a bit of a foodie. This is my favourite place in Melbourne.

As you descend the steps from the lane way, you enter a cosy, intimate space. A great place for that romantic dinner or special occasion. Or perhaps to close the most important of business deals.

The food is always wonderful. Consistent, interesting, seasonal, well executed and evolving. Always incredible mindfulness of both taste and textures. The plates come out looking like a work of art - a feast for all the senses. I love both familiar and new elements in the tasting menu - each time I eat at Ezard, even the familiar dishes have evolved subtly. They aren't afraid to change and grow.

The service is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. They've remembered me from trip to trip, and now even know the cocktail I order. They are discreet but attentive, always anticipating my needs. The front of house staff work very well together as a team and make the whole experience absolutely exceptional.

In summary, I don't think I've ever had a bad meal or bad experience here. I would highly recommend to anyone who hasn't been - it isn't easy to find as it is in the basement in a lane way, but well worth the effort.

Needless to say, next time I am in Melbourne I will be back. For my gin with no name and the degustation menu!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Serena A
Greater Newcastle, Australia
“Lunch only. But so slick.”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

i dont think you can truly rate a restaurant on its lunch, but my brief trip made me hungry for more.
the express business lunch is just that, no messing around and 3 courses of slick elegance.
the matching white white was superb and i finished with an 18 yr old macallan rather than dessert.
the service smart, timely and perfect really.
i will be back for their dinner. and their desserts.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Laramber
Australia
“Never fails to impress”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Walk the few steps down into this long, narrow, impeccably turned out space - all muted tones and low-key luxury - and prepare to be thoroughly indulged. Have dined here (two memorable long lunches included) maybe five times in four years and each experience was exceptional.

Delectable food, beautifully presented. Great wine list. Discreet, unhurried service. Whenever people ask me to name my favourite hometown fine dining restaurant, Ezard comes first to mind.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Very nice!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Went there for a romantic dinner with my wife. The food was fantastic and service was excellent.
We almost missed the entrance to ezard however, as it is located below another restaurant. If it wasn't for the Apple maps on my iPhone, we would have walked right past it.
If you order the 8 course degustation, expect to be there for around 3 hours.
It was a very good experience.

1 Thank MrSpokeyTokey