“Very good”

Cuisines: Asian, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: EZARD has been serving Teage Ezard’s acclaimed ‘Australian freestyle’ cuisine for seventeen years in a sleek subterranean dining room in the heart of the Melbourne CBD. Guests are invited to indulge in a variety of ways: from a weekday express lunch or pre-theatre dinner, to an eight course tasting menu replete with complementary wines to match. Quality seasonal produce is of the utmost importance; we foster long-standing relationships with our suppliers to ensure access to the very best of Australian ingredients. The menu continually evolves to take advantage of each ingredient at the height of its flavour, colour, appearance and quality.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

the Oyster shots we shared for starters were a fabulous experience! I chose a wonderful uncooked salmon entree,while my dining partner had a main of John Dory. French bubbles by the glass ,a reasonable chablis and an outstanding SAShiraz completed a very good lunch

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The eight course degustation is an amazing experience, our second time. The food presentation is truly an art form and tastes incredible. The only slight suggestion would be that coriander was a little overused especially when it was used in the dessert as well. The wine matches are perfect and a way of tasting some wines we probably wouldn’t otherwise, like Sake, Cider. The service was excellent; the Sommelier was passionate and very knowledgeable about the wines he was serving. Certainly not something you would do every week as it is not cheap but as the occasionally treat it was fantastic.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Ordered the degustation with matching wine; while expensive the experience was the best we have had in Melbourne restaurants thus far. Wait staff were attentive and provided a running commentary of the meals in a pleasant nature. Great ambiance, phenomenal food, amazing wine. Recommended for that special occasion. It was raining and they even offered us an umbrella to take as we left.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My partner and I had were extremely lucky to get a table with just 1 hour's notice, thanks to the concierge of the Grand Hyatt.

From the outside, it could have been any Melbourne CBD fine dining restaurant. But from the moment they served us just the bread with olive oil and the three dipping spices, each and everyone of my taste buds was tickled and tantalised into overdrive!

I am no fine dining connoiseur, but I can write with my hand over my heart that this was the best meal, and best restaurant service I have ever had in my life. Flavours, australian and asian influences were boldly and skillfully combined. They were also able to guide us to the appropriate wine for our ala cart selections. And the salted caramel parfait was just to die for.

If I could give it 6 stars I would!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

At the top of the hill in the food and wine capitol of Australia sits Ezard. Not the most expensive and not the least bit pretentious this jewel of a restaurant never disappoints. Order the oyster shooters, swimmer crab dumplings and duck over coconut rice and you'll never want to eat anywhere else. Oh and the wine list is positively quirky....in a good way!