“Nice food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was nice, service was ok. We just had two mains and they bought the first dish out but without the rice, a bit annoying.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is the worst restaurant that I've ever been to!!! Seriously, no joke! Today I went to this restaurant with my friends and one of my friends got 'scolded' by the owner @ staff (not to sure about it but it was a lady who has control over the staff). That friend of mine was asking for the 'take-away container' in a very nice tone because we couldn't finished the dumplings (which were damn sour!). But, suddenly, the lady said, "NO!NO!NO!" in a very rude and nasty voice. Me and my other friends were shocked with that kind of voice and we were really pissed off! Not only that, the staff are horribly rude! They deliver our food in a very rude way and didn't even provide us with drinks (some of the customers got free drinks). In short, WILL NEVER EVER RETURN!!

3  Thank Dunst S
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Was recommended this by a rep from Peek Tours. Went past a few times and it was always busy. Had a great meal for two for $15 which was great value and very tasty. Would recommend and would try the dumplings next time which seemed very popular.

2  Thank BW-Halifax
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Empress of china is a perennial favourite! The decor is nice and the service is great. The dumplings were great and the honey chicken and pork spare ribs were sensational. Overall, a new (even though its been around for ages) favourite in the city. I'll definitely be back!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had vegetarian Singapore noodles and a spring onion pancake. The noodles came with prawns, I assume there was simply a misunderstanding. The pancake was just delicious, beautifully crispy on the outside and doughy in the middle. They also mixed up my beer order bringing me the wrong one but at stage of the day I just wanted a beer so it wasn't a big deal.

1  Thank CCtraveller81