“A real gem in albert park”
Review of Eis

Eis
Ranked #1,472 of 4,256 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Albert Park
Reviewed December 8, 2013

There are a number of Japanese resturants in albert park and eventhough Eis does not have a huge menu what they do have is fresh and fantastic. The setting is very clean and pleasent and that staff are really sweet. They also have a really good wine menu as well. very satisfying will go again.

1  Thank Karkstraveltips

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had food envy. Our food was satisfactory but the people on the next able ordered a large plate of sushi. I had the fresh crab dumplings which were plentiful but only ok. My second course was the duck - nicely cooked but just ok. Took a little long between the entree and main. Service was good. I wouldn't suggest that we go back but if a visit was organized I wouldn't decline.
The seating was weird cuz it made iCard to move around the restaurant.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

What a find, this gem of a restaurant in Albert Park.
Strongly recommended by the trendsetters of my family who are regular diners at Eis and rave about the consistent excellence.
All the food was amazing both in taste and presentation, with a very good wine list to accompany.
Great service by very pleasant staff, with Hiro the owner graciously welcoming us to his restaurant.
No complaints about this establishment and highly recommend to all.

1  Thank trurab
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Eis is a charming Japanese restaurant in Albert Park, close to where I used to live. The food and service are both excellent, though the bill can quickly add up when ordering a few starter dishses. There aren't a huge number of options on the dinner menu, but the ones that are there are all great, especially the tuna with salsa and the steak dish. They also server a chocolate brownie for dessert, which is wonderful. The wait staff are delightful, very friendly, and highly professional. I took my partner and parents here for dinner, and my mother commented that it was one of the best meals she had ever had. I don't go to Eis too often as it is quite expensive, but I always enjoy it when I do. I'd recommend it for a special occasion, and be sure to book.

1  Thank Damien O
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We're locals and are amazed that people aren't beating down the door to eat here. The ingredients used are top quality and there is such finesse in the way the meals are put together. It might seem like an unusual addition to a Japanese menu, but you must try the pumpkin soup - who would have thought that prawns and black truffle could blend so well with pumpkin. But it's the sashimi we keep going back for, especially the scallop carpaccio. You'll be fighting your partner for that single piece. The wine list has a pleasant selection, but there's always the bottle shop next door if you want something extra special, just like this restaurant located in Albert Park

1  Thank Sheofthebroom