“The worst duck ive ever had.”

Dahu Peking Duck Restaurant
Ranked #836 of 4,419 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Can't believe people think this is good Peking duck! The rest of the meal was equally awful. Nothing fresh or MSG free it seems. Unbelievably awful. Couldn't eat it.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Dirty! From the entrance to the table. The tea pot was encrusted with years of tea and I do not want to imagine the rest!!!!! Sincerely dirty!!! Horrible pecking duck: totally cold! Directly out from the fridge! The veg were sad, cut in the morning...........
Yes, there was a lot of food, but you really want that food??????? This resto was not my choice, I was brought in.....

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This restaurant might not be particularly stylish but the food is really good. The peking duck is amazing. We also tried steamed dims sims and bbq pork in plum sauce - all yummy. Service was good. Right in the heart of Chinatown - there are so many restaurants to choose from and not all are good - so go with the ones that have good reviews.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was walking down Little Bourke Street looking for dinner and noticed the sign for Salt and Pepper squid so I walked into DAHU on a whim.
Up stairs of dirty stained carpet I couldnt help notice the piped music was all distorted, as though it had been played over a million times.
Ordered a beer, a glass of wine, an entree and the squid. Pretty expensive meals at $20+ for mains but I thought it might be worth a try.Served reasonably fast.
Beer was delivered with no glass. Just the bottle. Wine was served below the marker for a standard serving on the glass. The food was served reasonably fast.
Entree looked pretty bad but tasted OK I guess. Felt I wasted $7 on that. Salt and Pepper squid was too fatty and deep fried, and very salty. Not delicate at all and very disappointing.

The waiter tried to take my beer away before it was finished and I had to call her back to the table, which I thought was funny because she was un-attentive at other times. I had to call her over to order.

The place looks like a big Yum Cha restaurant that is outdated and a bit dirty. Environment uninspiring.
$41 bill was too much for what I got I felt cheated as I left. There are plenty of better places in the street so last time I try one on a whim

Dont bother.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Come here for the duck just like the mentions! The portions of twh food serve here are for sharing size :) price is reasonable.
If u come during lunch time during a week day, less busy. There are lunch menus as well n cheaper alternative when u order.

Don't leave the restaurant without having the DUCK!

The Cantonese sauce with beef is nice n would recommended u to order!