“Succulent pig to die for!”
Review of Da Noi

Da Noi
Ranked #426 of 4,151 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Da noi was a great dining experience. Our table was at the back of the restaurant, in a separate dining room, with an open fire and a piglet roasting on the rotisserie. Fortunately the chimney was working perfectly well and we didn’t come home smelling of food.
We decided to go with the chef’s surprise option and it was delicious. A number of antipasti, served with fresh bread, followed by ravioli made with sepia nera and Jerusalem artichokes.
The suckling pig was served on aromatic herbs with potatoes and salad.
Dessert was a selection of cold and hot desserts, mascarpone ice cream, fig and almond pudding and a chocolate layered torta.
Service was good and very informative.
This is not a place to go if you are on a budget, but you will eat fantastic food in a very cosy environment.
There is also a great selection of Italian wines.

There are newer reviews for Da Noi

Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

I have visited da noi six or seven times over the years and the experience has always been outstanding. My last meal there on 29 June however, will be the last. Only the roast pork was outstanding. Everything else was pedestrian.

I have never questioned the fact that the food was expensive as it was always way above average. It is still expensive but the quality has fallen away dramatically.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Really really expensive and food: average. Other's must have been there on a lucky day. I just don't think it was worth it. Pretentious. Average service. I hate places that behave like they're doing YOU a favour.

1  Thank blackmoses
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Third visit here and for a second time had the degustation menu. Perhaps not quite up to the superlative standard of the last time visited, but light, fresh, well graduated flavours and the desserts spectacular. The three vegetarians very happy to find a degustation menu to suit. Great to go somewhere where you never quite know what to expect and the service is unobtrusively attentive in a cozy atmosphere - as long as there are no loud conversationalists at the next table. Excellent wine list and as an added advantage Monday nights are BYO.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were a table of 6 but since I didnt book I hope my friend was told we would be the only other table in the back room with a large table of 12.Not a great start.
We had the degustation menu which was lovely but I thought not really worth the price. The food was nice but I would not rave about it.
We did ask for advice re wine selection and was told something nice would be chosen. We were never offered a glimpse of the bottles nor told what it was or where from.
The service was average to start with and by the end of the evening poor. Water was not replenished and we had to find someone in the main area to ask for the bill.
The atmosphere was fairly relaxed and casual and the food good but homely. I thought you could find better restaurants with much better food at this price.