“Nice little restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Curry Vault Indian Restaurant and Bar combines modern and traditional Indian cuisine to create an authentic dining experience.Dine at this modern Indian restaurant located in the historic Bank Place in the heart of Melbourne’s financial district.Come in and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and setting of Curry Vault, and experience some of the best indian food in Melbourne.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love Indian food and whenever I travel I always seek out a local or nearby Indian restaurant. Tonight I ended up at the Curry Vault Indian restaurant. My choice was partly influenced by other reviews, mostly favourable; here on Trip Advisor. The restaurant was reasonably busy when I arrived alone for dinner. I was seated promptly and given a menu to choose from. A basket if poppadoms appeared shortly after on my table with a small ramekin of raita. I didn't eat the raita so cannot comment however the poppadoms were a nice started while looking over the menu. I chose to skip entrée and head straight for main course, which would be the Lamb Korma with Paratha bread from the tandoor oven and Mutta Palau rice as a side dish. Serving size was plenty and typical of the way food is served in most Indian restaurants with the meat dish in a small copper pot and the rice served in an accompanying bowl. The Paratha came out in a small basket. The Korma was one of the best I have tried and the flavour was well rounded. It came garnished with a small amount of cream on top and toasted slivered almonds. Thoroughly enjoyed along with the bread and the rice. Staff were friendly and efficient even as the restaurant was quite busy. Would certainly come again, even just for the Korma.

There are newer reviews for Curry Vault Indian Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I went to Curry Vault for dinner recently while on holiday in Melbourne. The restaurant is located on the western end of the CBD in a quiet area. The menu has large selection of dishes ranging from appetizers, entrees and mains. Also, there are multiple selections within each entree section from chicken, beef, lamb and veggies. We started with the lamb tandoori and it was great. We shared two entrees including the pumpkin masala and chicken curry. We both enjoyed the pumpkin dish better. The naan was also great. The service was very attentive and polite. We both had a great dinner and recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This little restaurant I found one evening situated not far from my hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, quite tasty and for what it is , of a good quality. I have been back a number of times and have yet to be disappointed.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Superb food, excellent service. This is one of my favourite restaurant in Melbourne.
Reasonably priced and the ambience is fantastic.
I enjoyed the Palak Paneer and vegetable biryani was very nice. We're planning to go there soon and I would recommend it to all my friends

Reviewed April 23, 2012

In the UK we are rather spoiled with the choice of Indian restaurants, so it was with great delight that we found this one. Great food, ample portions, great staff and moderately priced ($47.70 or £33 for the two of us - we only had one starter and two main courses).