“Place for Chinese Dim Sum”

Crystal Jade Restaurant
Ranked #694 of 4,296 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This restaurant is not related to the Crystal Jade chain of Chinese restaurants in Singapore, China etc. It is located on the 2nd storey of a building in Chinatown of Melbourne. Not a very big place but quite neat and clean overall. The speciality is Chinese dim sum or what they call Yum Cha in Australia. The waitresses push carts of the dim sum and you order what you wish from them. Some items though are not on the push carts and you can tell the waitress your particular order. The waitresses are able to speak English, Mandarin and Cantonese, and ordering is not a problem at all. The food is generally quite tasty and fresh. Recommended.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Fantastic fresh food available in traditional yum cha in the center of Melbourne. Bright modern environment with very helpful staff catering to all tastes. Highly recommended

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Love the prawn dumplings.The waiter is very nice and attentive.The food price is reasonable.I will definitely go back.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We went on Tuesday morning, the place was so busy so we decided to try. However, some of the yum cha smell like washing detergent, so we informed the manager.And he wasn't even apologize then took the food away. Then we left and they not even took those mistake off the bills.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Even though we think the best Yum Cha is to be had in Sydney, this restaurant really shapes up well for Melbourne. I always go for the dumplings where ever I am in the world when I am looking for Yum Cha. I really enjoy seafood dumplings, and this restaurant seems to specialise in seafood. You can't beat a generously filled, sweet and delicious Prawn dumpling. Of course they do a pile of other selections as well, and a trolley comes around fairly often, so you aren't left hanging out for the next course. We had a bit of a wait to get a table, but we decided that this only served to whet our appetites even more. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The cashier was down to business, but then isn't that their job. All up, a good Yum Cha experience. I can never get exactly the tea I am looking for, I have an aversion to Jasmine because it gets bitter so quickly, but that is not new nor a major impediment. Would go there again when in Melbourne.