“Highlight of playing tour guide in melb”
Review of Cookie

Cookie
Ranked #47 of 4,065 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Melbourne, Australia
“Highlight of playing tour guide in melb”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I always bring my visitors to cookie. Delicious food, yummy drinks, very trendy staff, really cool decor. Fun place, love it

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
“Can't go wrong”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Cookie has become one of my 'must go' places when I visit Melbourne. The busy buzz in the room and the fit out are really inviting and paired with some amazing Thai food, you can't go wrong. I agree with other reviewers the staff are a little too cool for school but that is not out of the ordinary in the hospitality industry these days. I like they will still help to find a table for you as a walk in rather than tell you 'no problem, come back in 4 hours and we can squeeze you in' like every other lace in Melbourne. Keep up the good work and I'll be back again, and again!

• Visited January 2014
“Often return”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Great menu full of flavour, and the beers on tap are impressive.
I always return to Cookie as a meeting place.
Sometimes the staff make me uncomfortable because they're too cool.

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Great sunday lunch!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Turned up just after midday on a Sunday so all in all pretty quiet. Got a great seat in the bar out on the balcony watching Melbourne go by.
Highly recommend the Chilli Mussels and the duck and pineapple salad.

1 Thank chainesie
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
“Doesn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Service - they've separated the restaurant into two sections, one restaurant section and one "bar" section (bigger than the restaurant and fully equipped with the same tables as the restaurant section, it just means they don't have to serve you). We were in the "bar" section as they didn't return our calls about a booking. We were fine ordering at the bar but when the food came out, we were handed spoons and forks (our friend had a steak) and no water jugs were available so we could top up our own water glasses. I felt like I was eating at a 'no frills' bar, think I would've preferred to have been turned away and gone elsewhere than to have received such a lack of service.

Food - horribly bland and crap quality. The items that weren't bland were just spicy but lacking flavour. I was expecting something similar to Chin Chin but was hugely disappointed.

Value - way too expensive for the size of the portions and quality of food you receive.

Overall - won't be returning.

• Visited April 2014