“Cat's whiskers”

Ranked #340 of 4,295 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A great place for lunch. We have been coming here for many years. See lots of friends and colleagues here at this MElbourne institution. Cat is a wonderful host and always makes everyone feel special. The food is always is great and has that 'home cooked' feel to it? Wine list brilliant.

1  Thank AL9999q

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have been frequenting Caterinas for many years now and it is my first choice for a city lunch. I always take my clients, work colleagues and friends here as I know that every time we go it is a unique and magnificent experience.

There are not many restaurants you can walk into and be greeted as a long lost friend by all the staff and of course Caterina herself. The atmosphere is warm and professional and the food is outstanding. Caterina ensures that the mood is relaxed, and she works closely with her staff to ensure your every need is met.

The menu changes continuously and the staff recite the many daily dishes with great passion (and memory)! The personal touches and excellent service make it a joy to eat here and I always feel like settling in for the rest of the day.

I highly recommend a visit to Caterina's - you will not be disappointed, and like me you will be back many times. Every guest I have ever taken here has been blown away and they have all been back - it's a wonderful place to forget any stresses of the working day. I can't wait for the next excuse to visit!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Fantastic food from an extensive menu accompanied by an extraordinary specials list and some great wines.
You can't go wrong here and are well looked after.
If a restaurants was half as good, it would never go out of business.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Caterina's is located at 221 Queens st melbourne,Guests need to walk down some stairs to the resturant. We were greeted at door by a lovely young lady,who show us to our table in the corner of the resturant.Water was offered to us and a wine menu was presented straight away,lunch menu was offered and specials of the day was stated by adrianna.The wine list was 5 pages long,too long to look at all the extensive wines available. I found the lighting at our table, too poorly dim,as it was quite impossible to read the small writing of the menu,no l dont wear glasses,nor do l need them.if a small light or candle was place on the table,it would of been very helpful,this is my only negative issue l had.The menu consist of a large variety of dishes,l chose scallops for entree and my girlfriend chose the homemade Gnocchi'S,both entrees were excellent !!.For the main meals,we chose swordfish,rabbit rissotto and a walnut & pear rocket salad followed by one chocolate& berry pudding it was all delicous.We did manage to drink 2 glasses each of a sav blanc and a lovely shiraz.Overall the service was excellent,food amazing,wines were great too,during our two hour lunch.It would have been nice to have meet caterina,if she went to all tables to greet guests, and say a quick welcome as other guest did get to speak to her today as l did notice she was taking orders from these guests, l have always watch caterina's show when l can and this is why we chose to visit caterina's resturant today .My only tip would be get to the resturant as soon as they open,so you can enjoy a nice,relaxing lunch before all the large group bookingS came in as the noise got very loud or try dining here at a more quiet time of the year,not at chrissy time if you can help it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 24, 2008

The best lamb I have ever had, just melt in the mouth! Served with parsnip chips and potato mmm

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook