“Simply Sensational”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe e Cucina

Caffe e Cucina
Reserve with
Caffe e Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 4,053 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Chapel Street
Albury, Australia
“Simply Sensational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited during Melbourne Cup week and it was simply sensational food. The food reminded us of our holiday in Rome only a few years earlier - highly recommended. We will be back.

1 Thank Bill K

• Korean first
“Impeccable service, amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Chance visit on a Saturday night, very lucky to get a table as the place was full. This did not effect the service or the quality of food. Will definitely be coming back here next time we are in melbourne.

Melbourne, Australia
“Delightful italian food with a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

last weekend I was recommended by a friend to visit this place and try a signature dish of pasta with sea food, and my partner ordered the risotto of the day, we both enjoy those meals so much and then a so yumie highlight of the tiramisu and chocolate desert made the the night with the tasting of wine that our waiter kindly did for us!
thank you so much for a lovely time, happy to try more dishes next time

• Visited October 2013
Australia
“A lovely Italian dream...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

When visiting Melbourne, Caffe e Cucina is always on my list. The atmosphere inside is dark, romantic, intimate; great service, delicious food...I adore the calamari, so light and delicious. On my September visit I ate the 24hr lamb and it was amazing. All in all, a lovely Italian dream...

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Marvin13
Melbourne
“Some good things but overall disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a number of times over many years and this visit was disappointing. On this occasion I booked and asked for downstairs which I was told was possible. On arrival the rather arrogant waiter tried to send us upstairs which was very loud and very full. Downstairs there were two spare tables. I asked for one of these and finally after a few requests we were begrudgingly seated at one of these!
A much nicer waiter took our orders and the entree of zucchini flowers and calamari was excellent. The waiter had recommended the gnocchi so I ordered that and was served tasteless and doughy pebbles. I could not eat more than one and sent it back. Another pasta dish was much better.
They asked if I wanted a substitute but by then I had had enough.
They did take the gnocchi dish off the bill without us having to ask them which is a sign of the professionalism you would expect of this calibre of restaurant. Hopefully it will be much better next time.

• Visited September 2013