“Great food great value”

Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Woodend, Australia
“Great food great value”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This cafe has to be one of the best value for money Italian Cafés in Melbourne. It is always busy. The food is excellent, and prices are reasonable. It is located in the heart of Melbourne's Italian district in Lygon St. It is a great place to grab a pasta and a drink and sit outside and watch the world go by.

Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
“Good Pasta”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I were persuaded by the offer of a free glass of Champagne (yeah sparkling something!) to try this one out - in fact we had two excellent large bowls of pasta for a reasonable price. Would definitely eat there again. We sat outside - a real treat for us English - especially in November!

• Visited November 2012
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Breakky on a budget - soo good!!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed in Melbourne for one week and visited this cafe for breakky at least 4 times. Service was fantastic, coffee was to die for and meals were ample and yummy. We had the bacon and egg muffin $5.80, bacon and egg sandwich as well as the bacon and eggs themselves. Could not fault hence our return many times. They also serve other meals however we were not in the vicinity during the day:)

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“For the locality it's perfect. That's the only positives about this place.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

So my partner and I decided to stop here for lunch during a trip into the city for business. I had two hours to spare so we went to Lygon and chose Notturnos. At first glance the place looks good and smells divine, but don't let that fool you. Firstly, the tables inside (couples) are squeezed in anywhere including the base of the stairs where you cannot even pull your chair out. Fortunately, we were seated right in front of the utensils, napkins, plates etc, so that everytime the waitress came she had to come collect stuff for other patrons she had to hover next to me and I had to stop my conversation so it was not eavesdropped upon. The service was relatively quick, however it took us to ask the waitresses to remove our dirty plates after staring at them for 20 minutes after we finished our meals. The food I ordered was all day brekkie so I can't comment on the other food, but the food was really bland. Eggs rubbery and no taste. Mushrooms were just fat and tasteless. Waitress yelling at a new staff member and not helping her when clearly she needed it. Found this really upsetting to see. Not a friendly establishment whatsoever. Not one single smile other then the new girl. Will never recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank MzTeebomb
Hobart, Australia
“Friendly late night venue”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After a very long day driving from Gosford to Melbourne I was thrilled to venture in to Notturno just before 1AM on a Monday morning to find a friendly welcome and the full menu to choose from. The venue was busy owing to it being the only place open at the time. We ordered pizza which arrived fresh hot and tasty. Well worth a try.

• Visited July 2012