“A notch above the usual Lygon St fare”
Review of Tono on Borsari

Tono on Borsari
Ranked #3,219 of 4,219 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on a visit to Melbourne. I have eaten at a number of places along Lygon St and this one is a notch up on the others. Not surprisingly, the prices reflect this. I had the lobster bisque (which had a lot of seafood in it) and the orange duck which was half a duck with mashed potato, carrots and zucchini. Both dishes were very nice (and the duck would have been a sufficient on its own as the servings are quite large). The service was professional, friendly and efficient. I will return when I return to Melbourne.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

On our first trip to Melbourne, we of course had to go to Lygon St. for Italian food. We took the tram to the Lygon street stop. We walked up the street taking in all of the places to eat. Which one do you choose??? So many!! Well, we came across a very friendly waiter outside of Borsari. He was very pleasant and said the duck risotto was great. Well this sold my wife on the place right away! We came to find that they were indeed out of duck, but that was fine, she had the veal osso bucco instead. I ordered the Scalopini Milanase. All I can say is that both dishes were divine! During our meal, we became quite friendly with Jean-Louis, a French waiter in an Italian restaurant! He is a wonderful person who could not do enough to please us! We usually do not have dessert, but we were tempted by Jean Louis to have the Creme Brulee. WOW!!! is all I can say that with a side of Pistachio ice cream made for a super end to the meal.. Oh, and the Limoncello was very nice Jean Louis thank you very much.. ;) When we return to Melbourne, we will be back!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stopped by for dessert after a main meal at another restaurant.
Service was excellent. The restaurant had a classy feel. Crisp white tablecloths, beautifully set tables,subdued lighting. The dessert menu though small was great. I had the lemon passionfruit cheesecake which was simply delicious. I'd certainly return again when next in Melbourne.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Had dinner here by myself - food was OK and service was fine - note to management - do not berate your staff where customers can hear you - asked for a glass of wine and the waiter wouldn't give me the wine list just asked what kind of wine I wanted - I didn't persist with looking at the wine list but think I got the most expensive glass of wine on their list

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A group of friends and i dined here on a trip to melboure. Myself only been to melbourne a couple of times. The resturant was very nice but a little confined for space but out door seating avaiable. On arival we were seated by a very nice waitress. They were quick in getting us our drinks. but we were starting to feel a bit sqashed at this point in time so we asked if we could reloacte outside we offer to move our cutlery and drinks but the staff had no problem in doing this for us. We all ordered pasta and is was fantasic. The servings were large but that was great as we all wanted to keep eating. Cant wait to return one day