“Tres Magnifique”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went here for a family birthday (me and my wife's). We loved the atmosphere, the great service and the space. Our visit was on a Sunday but there were only a few tables empty.
The food was great. My wife had the duck and I had a Tasmanian Rib eye, which was very tasty. The waiter remembered us from a short visit a couple of months earlier and had offered to deduct the cost of my sons desert because he couldn't remember the desert that my son had liked, needless to say we declined his offer. The wine list had an extensive choice of French and local wines with my favorite an Alsace Pinot Blanc.

Overall, highly recommended for the quality of the food, the friendly service and the quiet ambience.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Nothing wrong with this place. Very quick and friendly service. Id almost go do far to say its good soul food. A warm ambiance

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A good omen was a car park right in front of Bergerac's as we arrived for our first visit.
The lovely ambience, menu and wine list was enhanced by attentive, not intrusive, friendly staff.
The scallops were simply the best I've eaten and the fillet steak cooked exactly as I wanted.
Desserts were equally yummy.
We managed to while away nearly four hours with an unhurried meal, several wines and much conversation - a great night. My only disappointment was an espresso that didn't meet expectations.
A bit pricey, but a top restaurant for that 'special' dinner. I will return, also to check out the Special Lunch, 2 courses for $28.50.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Having been there twice in group situations for lunch. I wouldn't recommend it for groups - they're just not able to cope with it.
The food has been nice - old school rather than modern - but good flavours and selections.
This is not a place I would go for a quick business lunch.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

my wife and i ate there for the lunch deal, 2 courses $28.50. Several good choices of all courses. I had fillet steak with pepper sauce which pleasantly suprised by how much i got, also it was tender and tasty. Very old school style but nice ambience and service. The owner ( for many years evidently) always seems to be there which i think is a good sign. Open and quite busy for lunch on Monday. Would recommend if you are in the area. Will be back when we are in town.

1  Thank emelian