“Happy Customers”

Ranked #94 of 4,298 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently dined at Becco and had an enjoyable time. The food was well made, the service was attentive with classic Italian style.
The wine list was good and offered bottles in 275/500ml. The cocktails were also good and well made. We ordered the specials for both main and desert,
Currently a nice ravioli and 500g rib eye on the bone, both were cooked very well, but the rib eye was just slightly over cooked for medium rare.
The desert was a trio of cannoli, which was a beautiful ending to our meal.

The bill was a little on the high side (for two courses and wine) but we enjoyed our meal none the less

minoshart, Owner at Becco, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have dined at Becco many times and simply love the place - the atmosphere, the food, the service. So it was a natural choice to dine there on this visit to Melbourne. Georgio the waiter was totally over the top and over familiar - telling us all about the famous people he knew and even showing us photos on his phone - this detracted from the enjoyment of the meal . I had the lamb saddle which was over cooked and dry. My partner had a chicken dish which was inedible. Such a shame as every other time I have been here it has been great - will give you one more try Becco - please don't disappoint!

1  Thank Jane B
minoshart, Manager at Becco, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback. We welcome all feedback even if negative. It's how we learn and improve. Firstly thank you for your past custom and giving us a chance to repair the visit next time you come in. All I can say is that the Kitchen must have really got it wrong with two of our most popular dishes. Both have been taken from the menu but put back on due to public pressure. I try each dish on the menu once a week to ensure that our high standards are kept. So all I can do is apologise for an off night, which is no excuse at Becco. Then there is Giorgio …. Though fairly new to Becco by our standards ( Just on a year ) he has become the most requested waiter I have ever employed. (As you can see from the reviews below) Having said that, his style is not for everybody and on behalf of Giorgio and Becco I would like to apologise for the misread of the client. Please contact Simon, Lizzy, or Serena directly on your next visit and we will make sure you next visit is back to Becco standards.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been to Becco many times. It is one of the restraunts that give Melbourne its reputation for great Italian food. On my last visit my wife had Gnocchi which she thought was great and I had a hearty Ossu Bucco which, as always was tasty and perfectly cooked. It is a safe choice to impress visitors and business associates.

minoshart, Manager at Becco, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your kind words. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

after a long day of traveling to Melbourne, we chose Becco as our first meal in this great city. Our waiter was a fine Italian gentleman from south of Rome, and he took great care to give us a delightful experience in wine and food. The anti pasta was very fresh, and our main courses were delicious. It was a very clean and quiet restaurant, but I could tell it was becoming more lively as the evening progressed with young people arriving on that Friday evening. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

minoshart, Owner at Becco, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for coming to Melbourne and Becco. Hope you enjoyed your holiday and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

A discovery some years ago, has meant I've returned to this excellent Italian restaurant every visit to Melbourne. The small lane location is reminiscent of those treasures you find in a small back street in Firenze or Milano. The staff are warm, welcoming and helpful. And the food? Perfect every time - fresh ingredients prepared with that simplicity of approach that highlights the contribution of each, accompanied by good wine or beer. It's always busy but I've never booked and never been turned away. Now, when is the next visit to this city of great restaurants - and this one, in paricular.

minoshart, Owner at Becco, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your very kind comments. Glad your enjoying Melbourne and Becco. See you soon we hope.