“Marvellous”
other traveler has booked this property
94 Highett - 1880 Victorian Home
Bedroom 1 - downstairs master - King or 2 singles + 1 additional single Bedroom 1 - Hotel quality linen and towels
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Bedroom 1 - downstairs master - King or 2 singles + 1 additional single
Bedroom 1 - Hotel quality linen and towels
Bedroom 2 - King or 2 Single beds
Bedroom 3 - Upstairs Master Bedroom - King or 2 single beds + 1 additional single bed
Bedroom 3 - Upstairs Master Bedroom
Bedroom 4 - up to 4 single beds.
Stunning Period features plus walking distance to major sporting venues and city centre
Fully equipped kitchen
Kitchen
Upstairs Bathroom with Spa and separate shower
Upstairs bathroom with Spa bath
Studio....the original converted 1880 hay shed.
Studio with ensuite
350 metres to trains and trams
Sunny Courtyard with BBQ
Enjoy morning coffee or afternoon wine on the front porch
94 Highett in bloom
Roof deck
94 Highett - Period home
94 Highett floor plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

David M
Port Augusta
“Marvellous”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

This B & B was simply marvellous. Had a wonderful time there, could not believe how well it was set up and the owner was very friendly and helpful. The place was very clean and well set up. Good location as well, within walking distance of shops and trams. A must stay while in Melbourne visiting. The place catered for 9 adults and 3 children with no problem at all.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Melbourne
Reviewed January 15, 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Reviewed January 6, 2014 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Jan 6, 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed our "cute" little studio room
Cairns
Reviewed December 30, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Dec 30, 2013
It was a pleasure hosting your Familly
Tracey H
noosa, Australia
“All round great place to stay in Melbourne”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 for a stay in December 2013

We recently had a family get together and booked 94 & 92 Highett St together for our large family gathering. It was a fantastic place to stay with absolutely everything we needed, very comfortable rooms, Free Wifi and super friendly, helpful hosts. Nothing was too much trouble Jeff even helped put up tarps over the courtyard in case of rain.
We stayed in No 92, which is next door to 94 and ideal for a family stay (2 Adults and 2 Children) It has plenty of room, full kitchen and lovely little courtyard. We loved the big living area, which made it feel like home, rather than staying in a hotel. The location close to Bridge St and the Trams and West Richmond train station made getting around a breeze. Easy from the airport on the Skybus to Southern Cross Stn then jump on a train to West Richmond and just walk down Highett St.
We will definitely stay here again when next in Melbourne.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Perth WA
Reviewed November 7, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

jewels898
Brisbane
“Poor service and dangerous accommodation!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I have stayed in numerous venues, some better than others, but none that has compelled me to warn travellers. After staying in 94 Highett I was appalled at my treatment and the state of the accommodation.

About the Accommodation:
The studio - advertised for the budget conscious should also read electrical unsafe, illegal structure that I doubt would pass any council height regulations. The place is located at the back of the property above the garage. It is very tired and not made for anyone taller that 5ft, as I hit my head in the shower. For $120 a night it's not good value at all.

About the service: I was unaware until I arrived that the owners do not live on the premises which I found unusual for a B&B. I was here for work and would not have stayed if I'd know the place would be unoccupied by the owners or any guests. Being female and left in a strange place on my own was quite unsettling.

When I rang the owner for the Wi-Fi password I was told to simply use the main house but that night with it pouring down rain and gale force winds, it was not an option. There was also no (sensor) lighting left on for me so I was not keen to take my laptop downstairs in the dark. The advertised Wi-Fi only works in the main house so I was quite annoyed as I specifically spoke to the owner requesting this requirement for work purposes.

Charm was really lacking here as when I came in for breakfast the first morning I heard the owners discussing me on the phone - his comments were " I had to come all the way in the this morning just to cook this one woman breakfast "!

After hearing this appalling remark I declined breakfast the following day, the owner gave me a random excuse explaining his behaviour and that he was just joking around and breakfast was 'part of deal'. They also offered me an upgrade to the main house as compensation but it would have been for only one night. The main house is also very tired and I wouldn't consider it much of an upgrade except for maybe the roof may not blow off in a storm like the studio.

The one thing they were efficient at was quickly debiting my card for full payment!

I would certainly not stay here again, nor would I recommend anyone else do so!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Leaving
Liked least: The Owner
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
Oct 9, 2013
This particular guest proved to be the most rude person we have ever had the misfortune to host
Every effort was made to make her comfortable but to no avail
I will leave future guests to read all of our previous complimentary reviews and make up their own minds
Jeff Cheffers
Owner
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing