“Great northern chinese restaurant in Little Bourke St”

Bamboo House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 4,029 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Bondi
“Great northern chinese restaurant in Little Bourke St”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I dined here recently on a Friday night with for a work dinner, walking up the lane, the resturant looks like a set from a 90s movie with the neon sign and the large ormental doors. On a Friday night, the place was packed and we had an excellent banquet with a good variety of dishes, the Peking duck being a highlight.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank wavesBondi

Melbourne, Victoria
“great group dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went on a saturday night in September 2012. There were 12 of us for a wedding anniversary and we had a great night. The banquet was ideal, timing/quality of food and service cannot be faulted. Nothing amazing overall, but reliable. Will definetely come back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Watto77
Bendigo
“Impeccable”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Dined here on a Saturday night with no reservation. We were welcomed with a couple of concerned looks, until finally the host said “We can seat you but we need the table by 7:15”. I told him that didn’t worry us if they could deliver the meals in time. Well, let me tell you they certainly held up their end of the bargain. The service was speedy, but at no stage did we feel rushed. We ordered steamed dumplings to begin with, followed by the Dry Fried beef, Lamb and Vegetables, Vegetables and Steamed Rice. It was all absolutely magnificent. The dry fried beef in particular was a highlight for me. It’s very hard to get it right without it becoming glorified beef jerky, but this was just perfect. Crispy, yet tender and flavoursome. We didn’t order the duck, but after reading these reviews I’m going back to do so.
Price was pretty fair I felt. We had the meal described which was more than enough for 4, and a drink each with the total coming in at $140. I thought this very reasonable given the quality of the food and service. Will return in a heartbeat.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dazman73
“Still the best Peking Duck in town!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Although the owner have changed, the food still remains fantastic at Bamboo House. Why pay a fortune at Flower Drum when you can get great service and delicious Chinese here?! The Peking Duck is the best in the city! Another amazing dish is the chicken with walnuts. I have no idea what they do to make them caramelized but they are truly out of this world amazing!!!!!!!
Service is impeccable. My favourite waiter no longer works there (Danny?) and I miss him whenever I visit from Canada!!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Sunseeker1121
Melbourne, Australia
“Great night”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Brilliant food, service was a little slow though. Had a really enjoyable with friends before they returned to Holland. The Peking duck was to die for . A great meal.

Visited March 2013