“Always good food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chapel Street
Reviewed October 2, 2015

What can I say except that we all love this restaurant. So many yummy things to choose from. If it were less pricey we would definatley go more often

Reviewed September 13, 2015

I have tried The Oriental Teahouse in the city and this one is just as good. The food is delicious and speedy. The service was a little lacking, I had to get up a few times to catch someone but overall a yummy meal.

Reviewed August 18, 2015

Went here after seeing $30pp for unlimited dumplings. I thought this would be like heaven and that I would rolled out.
I had called a week before to make a reservation and to have my friend show up first and there was no reservation under my name. When I got there about 15 minutes later I told the guy there was a reservation under my name if not then under my friends name, he stood there looking and told me there was not either name and then just started serving the people behind me.
I had to call my friend who had to come get me and show me to the table which was towards the back near the kitchen. Sadly if you're a vegetarian like myself there's not many options for you, and you constantly have staff asking if you want meat dumplings which is still amazing that they come around so often, but a bummer for me. I told the waitress I was a vego, she was then kind enough to say she would make sure all the vego options would come to me, which wasn't many. It soon became dessert time, and an older man just took our plates of dumplings without asking if we had finished. We then sat there for about 15 minutes watching staff go in and out of the kitchen not bringing any desserts to our table till the bill came and I had to bring it up we never got ours.
I left there still feeling really hungry, and not worth the $30. For meat eaters it would be worth it but not for the vegetarians :(

Reviewed August 3, 2015

Miserable ,cold walk into this tired looking establishment for lunch. Twenty customers,a young male waiter. Prompt service.
We were last here five years ago when the place was buzzing and the food was simple and delicious.
Our order of four types of dumplings and stir fried broccoli came out hot and fully seasoned. The prawn in ginger sauce was gluggy, the fish dumplings in a thick overwhelming wrap and the wagyu meat so mushy and preservative laden that not even the chilli sauce could save it!
Why walk through a now grungy area when you can by better dumplings by George at Coles.

1  Thank Eva D
Sofia L, General Manager at Oriental Teahouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2015

Hi Eva,

Thanks for your feedback, although we are saddened to hear that you didn’t enjoy dining with us. Since you last visited we spent a great deal of time consulting with lead interior designers to create a place that is both fun to be in and references our heritage.

After we received your feedback I spent the afternoon with both our executive chef and Dumpling Master to make sure the skin is thinner on the dumpling skin on the fish dumpling, and that the sauce is silky smooth on the ginger prawn dumplings. Hopefully you will return some day and be pleasantly surprised with the results. However, we are taken aback on your feedback about our most popular dish, the Chilli Wagyu Beef Dumplings. You have my word that they, like all our dumplings, are completely preservative free and made by a team of skilled dumpling chefs. All we can do at this stage is brainstorm how we can improve this dish.

I do hope when you are next in town that you come in a say hi and give us another try.

Kind regards,

Phil (Operations Manager)

Reviewed June 24, 2015

Came here for a late night dinner one summer evening. it was lovely we sat upstairs so it had a lovely breeze.

the meals are tasty and affordable.