“I should go more often”

Neighborhood: Albert Park
Melbourne, Australia
“I should go more often”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I haven't been to Asiana for a couple of years, and after my visit last week, I have to ask myself, why? I've always really enjoyed eating at this fantastic Asian eatery, and I'm forever recommending it to people visiting Melbourne who appreciate fine food, and are looking for something a little different.

So anyway, I'm glad to report that Asiana hasn't gone off-song at all in the time since I last visited. We set them a challenge, with a party of around twenty, all seated in the private dining room upstairs. Asiana's highly professional service staff saw that everyone was well looked after during the pre-dinner mingle and drinks session, while I had the opportunity to give their excellent wine list a good going-over. Asiana offers a list of really well selected premium wines (with a number of quality smaller growers represented), at prices that don't make you wince. To give you an example, throughout the dinner we were drinking Sanguine Estate's remarkable 2006 D'Orsa shiraz at less than $100 per bottle. Now, you don't see that every day!

But, at the end of the day, it's the food that Asiana is all about, and this is the reason you should take the time to go. Asiana delivers modern, simple but exciting, and ultra-fresh Asian cusine at a level which should delight even the most demanding of restaurant diners.

When you wrap this up with a casual, relaxed atmosphere, slick service, and that wine list, I have to ask myself again, why are we not eating here more often???

• Visited December 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Good variety of asian food and good atmosphere”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Good variety of asian food, good service and good atmosphere.

Ask for some extra chillies on the side if you like it spicy and you won't be disappointed!
We had dim sum to start and I had the vegetable clay pot which was enough to feed two (although I did finish it). My wife had the sweet and sour pork which was very tasty.
I wouldn't say Asiana is cheap but the vegetarian options are good value.
Service is attentive and I've not yet found better around this area if you like asian food.

Visited June 2012
Geelong, Australia
“Great asian food”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We really enjoyed our food at Asiana. Little restaurant and BYO and every dish was great.

“Delightful”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Asiana is on my (very short) list of "must visit" restaurants in Melbourne. The food and service are superb, and I especially recommend the tasting plate experience.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook