“Not just good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My friend and I love trying different restaurants and in Melbourne there are so many good ones you rarely get disappointed. I chose Scopri and from the moment we got there to the time we left we felt like we had been there hundreds of times it was that kind of place. You know plenty of parking (which can be rare), friendly greeting at the door, quickly seated with menu's it was off to the perfect start. Since it wasn't that busy the day we went, we had a friendly chat with the staff and owner which was great. Although this place has an interesting menu with some traditional Italian specialties, there were also some dishes that sounded interesting but we decided to stick with some old favourites. We started with fried zucchini with a lovely ricotta cheese filling and an asparagus salad with bocconcini & parmesan that was light & fresh. For mains we opted for pasta, one a squid ink with shellfish, and the other a spinach & ricotta ravioli in butter sauce. Couldn't fault the meals they were cooked perfectly and it was just enough that we were able to squeeze in the cannolo scopri with coffee gelato & buffalo ricotta which was to die for. The atmosphere was comfortable and bright which is sometimes uncommon with Italian restaurants. This place is perfect for a casual lunch with friends or dinner with another couple.We couldn't fault anything about this place, and will definately be coming back soon.

There are newer reviews for Scopri

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Over the last couple of years myself and a few of my mates have become irregular/regulars. By that I mean we get together about every 3 months and take ourselves along for lunch at Scopri.
When we do so we put ourselves in the hands of Alison and Anthony and their highly efficient staff in the kitchen. Prawns, quail, asparagus currently is in season with egg and parmesan cheese, pappardelle with ox cheek or duck ragu, pork belly, roasted kid (goat) you just sit back and relax as they roll out at regular intervals, each one mouth watering and satisfying. These is a good amount of distance between tables, glass ware is very good and Anthony and Alison and Peter the friendly waiter will take excellent care of your wines as they have a real interest in wines. If you do BYO it is $15.00 not $10 as previously indicated. Do what we do take a very good bottle or two along and enjoy the whole dining experience. You will not be disappointed.
If you have 4-5 of their recommendations will probably be around $70.00-80.00 per head and well worth it.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Scopri was recommended by a family member who raved about the food and service. I must say she was right on both counts. The entrees are thoughtful and delicious. I had spatchcock while my wife had asparagus which came with a deep fried egg yolk. Mains consisted of a Kid (goat) stew and octopus ink spaghetti. Although the plates looked a little on the small side especially for the price I didn't leave feeling hungry at all. The atmosphere was quite nice a good balance of dimmed lights without it being too dark. The restaurant was quite full but we didn't feel crowded at all. The service was also very good. The waiters were very attentive and very pleasant. The total bill would suggest a special occasion as you are looking at around $200 for 3 courses, wine and coffee. They do offer BYO though with a $10 corkage charge.

1  Thank MJCMelbourne
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Dropped in for an impromptu lunch with 3 colleagues on a Wednesday. Very pleasant environment if a little noisy. We opted for the 4 Course "Let us Feed You" and were served a most delicious array of their dishes including Scallops, Quail, Vennison, Kid and Pork. Service was faultless. The Staff / Owners very knowledgeable and informative. Would not hesitate to recommend.. I'll be back

1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a beautiful lunch at Scopri recently. The food quality was excellent and the home made fettuccine pasta with mushrooms was simply outstanding. My wife had a risotto with venison ragu which she described as divine. My cannolo desert with coffee gelato, hazelnut zabaglione and buffalo ricotta was as good a desert as I have ever eaten. The service was excellent and a real bonus for many diners is that you can bring your own special wine and it will be well cared for here. Make sure that it is a special wine and you will be well rewarded. Overall, a very good dining experience.

1  Thank James_Melbourne02