“Terrible”
Review of Jardin Tan

Jardin Tan
Ranked #1,070 of 5,489 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taking a stroll through Melbourne’s iconic Botanical Gardens always leads back to Jardin Tan. The picture-perfect location offers a vibrant fusion of Vietnamese and French cuisine within a modern Australian setting. The exciting and delicious fusion of Vietnamese cuisine at Jardin Tan never fails to excite tourists, families and joggers alike. Much like the grounds themselves, as the leaves change colour with the seasons so too does the menu. Ingredients are kept local, seasonal and are predominately grown in the garden, allowing a unique spin on traditional fare like bánh mì and pho, but also contemporary dishes like chilli and lime squid with pickled papaya. Jardin Tan can offer a different experience to each diner – enjoy a takeaway coffee from the outdoor kiosk, a warm and cosy indoor lunch or an afternoon drink in the thriving courtyard.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had salt and pepper squid that was cold and so salty we couldn’t eat it. Also had mince rolls that were sloppy. Water bottle was filthy. So disappointing for a major tourist precinct. Complained to the waiter and all he said was ‘I’ll tell the chef’. Do not eat here.

vuegroup, Manager at Jardin Tan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there, thank you for visiting Jardin Tan and taking time to leave a review. We're very sorry to hear the food and service fell short of your expectations. We take our customer feedback on board as it helps improve all aspects of our operations and procedures. We hope that you will visit again in the future and allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you.

Write a reviewReviews (377)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What can I say....cold lemongrass tea which needed to be reheated.
Tasteless, watery and cold chicken jungle curry.When this was reheated it was now watery and tasteless.Dried out cold slaw from a packet with a douse of fish sauce on it.
Really poor quality food for $33.00 each. I wont go again.
Do not go here!!

vuegroup, Manager at Jardin Tan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there, thank you for visiting Jardin Tan and taking time to leave a review. We're very sorry that your experience fell short of expectations and the quality of your tea and curry was disappointing. We take our customer feedback on board as it helps improve all aspects of our operations and procedures. We hope that you will visit again in the future and allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As part os a birthday weekend in the CBD my daughter treated me to lunch. There was definitely a lack of staff and it took a while to be seated (despite making an online reservation) and even longer to be served. I ordered the chicken Pho which arrived lukewarm. I asked for it to be reheated. The young waiting staff member returned it to me and insisted that I tasted the soup immediately in from of him to ensure it was hot enough. I initially said it would be fine but he refused to move until I tasted the soup. The soup had clearly been zapped in the microwave as not only was the soup scalding hot (yes I burnt my mouth) the bowl was also hot. The taste was bland and contained one piece of chili. I didn't eat it as it was not pleasant. At the end, the waitress apologised and stated that she hoped we would return to give them another chance in the future.
If you are considering eating out in Melbourne I would consider other places that provide better quality and value for money food. Overall a most disappointing experience

vuegroup, Manager at Jardin Tan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there, thank you for visiting Jardin Tan and taking time to leave a review. Apologies that on the day you dined there were not enough staff to make your visit as enjoyable as possible; this is not in line with the guest experience we aim to provide. Additionally, we're sorry to hear that your pho did not meet your expectations. We take of our customer feedback on board as it helps improve our food, service and overall experience. We hope that you will visit again in the future and allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you.

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

It’s been a while since we have bought an ice cream, but our for a stroll on a nice day we though it would be a treat. Unfortunately, although I don’t want or need a huge serve, I thought the one received was, for $6, miserly (I’ll upload a pic - you be the judge). Add to that we had to line up for the ice cream, and then again to pay, and we won’t be returning.

vuegroup, Manager at Jardin Tan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there, thank you for visiting Jardin Tan and taking time to leave a review. All our gelato is made in house using organic and biodynamic ingredients. While it may not make for the cheapest scoop, it does make it pretty special. We appreciate this may not make your experience any better, but we do hope for your understanding. Your constructive feedback is extremely helpful to improve our operations and we hope that you will visit again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

The lady was not helpful at all. Was carrying a baby and asked her for baby seat and she told me to get it myself and put it back when I’m done. Took forever for the menu to come and orders taken. There were birds surrounding us and my 6-yo asked her for help in which she responded there’s nothing she can do about it and dismissed her. Definitely not recommended for families.

vuegroup, Manager at Jardin Tan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Jardin Tan and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. This does not sound in line with the guest experience we aim to provide and we cannot apologise enough for the disappointing service you received. Jardin Tan prides itself on its family-friendly atmosphere and so your comments are extremely helpful to improve our future operations. We hope that you will visit again and allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you.