“No service on site between 9pm -7am”

Tribeca Serviced Apartments
Ranked #49 of 155 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I arrived at 9.30pm, a note on the locked doors directed me across the lane into another building to collect keys from a fire hose reel cupboard! When I left in the morning before 7am there was still no one on site. A friendly cleaner then showed me where to leave my keys - but this meant I couldn't get out of the car park as I had no security swipe. The room itself was large and a bit tired. It had been recently painted and the smell was overwhelming - I had to sleep with the doors open. The shower tap was broken and had been replaced with a nail. I booked on a last minute site so the cost was low.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kate5757

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here in march in two bedroom apartments. The size of the living area is tiny. Sofas provided in two bedroom apartment was two seater. Even though its called serviced, my apartment did not get serviced at all. I had to ask for towels and to get someone to remove my rubbish. Hard to get reception on the phone. Staff nice and friendly. Great location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sanjaar
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Staff were friendly and very helpful. We really don't like to write something negative yet rooms could do with a good clean. Linen/bathrooms were fine just the walls/furniture/doors/skirting boards ect were filthy.
Great cafe downstairs, well appointed IGA and bottle shop also downstairs.

Room Tip: Had a great view from our living area. If possible request a high floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SMKD
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were initially put into an executive room despite having paid for a deluxe room after two cramped nights, I asked them to look into why and was told that since this tiny room had a bath, it was allowed to be rented as a deluxe! They did however move us to another room which was deluxe and much bigger. The apartment needed a lot of simple repairs that had been neglected. This is a real pity because it could have been a much nicer stay had someone bothered to inspect it. The fitness centre has 3 pieces of working equipment, but it is well ventilated, and I found that it was sufficient for a decent workout. The pool looked nice but it was too cold to swim. Very nice staff. Very handy to everything. Very secure.

Room Tip: Inspect the room when you arrive and don't be afraid to ask for a change.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NinaTourky
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here for ~2.5 months (two separate trips) both on their 2br apartment. It was a biz trip, so company took care of the bookings as it has an account with them -- so no hassle for me on booking and paying.

Pros:
> Very helpful staff -- can give advise on the area, the city, and events
> Good dining options within the vicinity: burgers, fish&chips, pizzas, wine bar, liquor shop, IGA (grocery)
> Tram station is just 5-10 minute walk away. Tram 109 take you to the city and Crown
> Elevators arrived fast, no issue waiting during "rush hours" (between 8-10am or 5-7pm)
> Slept well during my entire stay. Comfy sofa and pillow where you can just relax and read
> Nice park that's 5-10 minute walk away with tennis courts, basketball courts, and kids playground
> Arrived late night, so there's no staff to assist check-in. Instructions are given on the front door of the reception office how to get the room key

Cons:
> Limited gym options: ~3 treadmill, ~2 stationary bikes, and weight machines. Hopefully they can add free weights and benches
> In my first stay I had a ~40" TV, but on my second I had ~21". My friend's apartment had ~50 (was very nice)! I hope there are plans to make all appliances consistent

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank marcgorospe
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Tribeca Serviced Apartments, as we needed to be close to Epworth.. The location was perfect! And for $95.00 we were impressed with our apartment.. It may have been a little worn - lots of marks on walls & furniture - but we definitely got great value for money! And it was great to be able to get supplies at an IGA right below our apartment...
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Kell82_12
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Only stayed 2 nights in a double serviced apartment. The location is excellent, on the edge of the Fitzroy Gardens, with good tram connections. There's some nice eating options on the ground level, and an IGA that makes getting bits and pieces easy. Although we didn't need to use them, the two burner hob, microwave and washer dryer look like they'd be up to the job.

The apartment was quiet, and was fine for 2 nights, although we would have been tripping over each other if we had stayed for too long. Some of the details are old and tired. We couldn't get the TV to work, there were rusting, exposed wall plugs in the bathroom and scrape marks on the sliding doors. Quite a few dust-bunnies were located. I wasn't there for check in, but I understand that staff at reception were helpful, and the secure carpark was well managed. Would I say again? Probably. Would I be tripping over myself to make sure that I got a booking here? No.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends