“Excellent stay”

Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank
Ranked #57 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel, from the outside, doesn't look like much. Busy street outside, no parking. Once you walk inside the doors however, it is a totally different experience. Reception is very modern and tidy. The reception staff were friendly and efficient; within minutes I had registered and had my keycard.

Staying in room 204, I was pleasantly surprised with my room. A good sized kitchen area, small dining table for two, reasonable sized lounge, flat screen TV, separate bedroom with twin bed and very large toilet / bathroom. The bathroom also had an inbuilt washer and dryer. This bathroom was designed to have disabled access which would account for the larger size but I was very happy with it just the same.

Now, the bad points - and boy am I going to be picky.

TV reception. Why do hotels throughout Australia have high quality HD flatscreen TVs and then pump poor quality TV signals into them? The picture quality was the same as you could expect from a poorish analogue signal; the locations have digital signals - please use them!

The bathroom. The builder didn't do such a great job in this room and the incline towards the drains on the floor was off; water tended to puddle in areas both inside the shower area and within the bathroom.

Aircon. It seemed to be stuck on one setting: 21C. The remote controller would not change the setting. This would suit most people but some may like it warmer or cooler.

Overall I thought the hotel was excellent value for money: clean, modern, well equipped. Good location. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone for both business or pleasure, short or extended stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Good Morning Evan, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was so pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay and the facilities we offer.

I will be getting my maintenance manager to check Room 204, as the aircon should not be set to 1 temperature only. We do set restrictions however this still allows for a 6 degree fluctation. I will also be getting him to investigate about the TV picture quality in that room too. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Evan, thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our 2nd stay as it meets all our needs. Staff excellent (except for room cleaning staff - very lazy). Apartment facilities excellent - best beds! Always need to make special request for room with a view to get one.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Good Morning Pauline, Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was able to look into your previous bookings and could see you had a few different profiles. I have merged these together with the request of a high floor for future reference. I was concerned to hear your thoughts re our housekeeping team and I will be sure to follow up. We pride ourselves on our high quality of cleanliness in our rooms and this has obviously not been your experience on this occassion, my apologies. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a 2 room suite which was 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were comfortable, with 2 kitchens and a lounge area. The staff were really good. When we checked out, we were allowed to shower later on in the gym area and were provided with fresh towels and toiletries for no extra charge.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Igor, Thank you for leaving your postive feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was delighted to hear you had enjoyed your stay, our facilities and our service. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Im fussy and I will stay again. Located in a great spot. Close to many areas. Tram is handy. Very friendly staff. Thanks for holding my luggage whilst I shopped with my friend before my flight. Cant wait to come back actually

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Mich H for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice comfortable apartment, within a 3 min walk to the convention centre and Southbank. Tram stops in the same street so easy to get around and lots of eateries close by, the restaurant under the hotel was great and room service was also available from it and very efficient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you Paaaam for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was so pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our location. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Cafe Keyif, they will be delighted. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

great location. Right in front of the tram that takes you on a tourist loop around the inner city. walking distance to casino and south bank. Friendly staff. Great to enjoy the night life of Melbourne and pretty safe to walk home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Anja for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was very pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great location for the convention centre. Room was a bit noisy at night as train line us right outside and Flinders street is very busy.
Staff were very pleasant, room was cleaned every day. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Phillipa13, Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was very pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay. Being in the city, like most hotels, noise can be an issue. I would suggest for future stays for you to request a quiet room and we will endeavour to allocate you on the other side of the building away from the road. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.