“good stay in Melbourne”

Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank
Ranked #55 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We recently stayed in a one bedroom apartment for five nights, including over the public holidays. It had everything we needed for a few nights, it was clean and comfortable. We used the kitchen for most meals and the facilities were good. We didn't notice any noise at all as previous posters did, and we stayed over new years. This may also have been because we were quite high in the building The free city circle tram stopped outside the door which we used a lot, as it is a little far to walk into the city. We had a great stay, would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Good Afternoon Angelofmusic33
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our facilities & our great location. The city circle tram is definitely a fantastic way to get around town & we are lucky enough to have it right outside our door. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in apartment 1010. The Staff were very nice and helpful. Room was very clean. Room was spacious with balcony. There was also a washing machine and dryer for those having a longer stay.Location was good, being across the Yarra River from the Crown Casino, Free City Circle Tram stop out the front. Melbourne aquarium was also up the road. The only negative was we asked for a quiet room as some review stated a lot of traffic noise. Our apartment was at the back of the building but the problem was we where overlooking a roof that had very large exhaust fans that ran for 24hr a day. We would be very happy to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: If you were happy with exhaust fan noise the back of the building had no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dean A
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Good Morning Dean A. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I am very pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay. I understand your concerns re noise with traffic and exhaust fans. It is difficult in the heart of the city with constant noise surrounding us which is why we try to accommodate as best we can.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team in regards to the cleanliness of rooms and great service you received. I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We decided to look for a hotel for New Year's Day as we were catching up with friends for dinner and had the next day off. We asked for a higher floor due to noise, have stayed here around 6 times and you really cannot fault location. Could not believe someone put in there review it is to far from centre of CBD, it takes about a 10 minute walk, if that to get to Bourke Mall. The free city circle tram is right outside and everything else is very convenient. The staff are lovely, and more than accommodating. Yes I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet side, not Spencer street side to avoid train noises.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Muppet64

Good Morning Muppet64, thank you so much for leaving your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay once again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Adina apartment Hotel in Flinders Street is a clean and good located hotel with very nice and helpful people working there. Breakfast is provided by the neighbors with some very good coffee. The (free) tourist tram service stop is right at front of the Hotel. The Melbourne Convention Centre is a 5 to 10 minute walk away.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hi JoostvandeKamp, Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding you recent stay. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back should you come back to Melbourne again. Thanks

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

It was clean, it was quite spacious and the reception staff were quite nice. It was expensive for what it was and the location wasn't fantastic, it's quite a long way from the centre of the city and from the shopping centres. You really need a tram to get up to the majority of things, which could be difficult if you're unfamiliar with the area. It's close to Etihad stadium, Crown Casino and Southern Cross station.
Single females may feel slightly disconcerted by the area but it's not the worst place to be at night.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela H, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Good Morning Belinda G, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to hear that you have found our rooms clean & service helpful. I do understand that depending on what you are wanting to do in Melbourne, our location may not be ideal, however for many it is ideally situated, especially in relation to public transport, casino, Convention Centre & as you mentioned Etihad Stadium. I do hope our team were able to assist you with directions and the best way to get around town. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have just spent 2 nights at this hotel.

Positives: Friendly reception staff, good location, very convenient parking ($25 p/n), nice clean room.

Negatives: Very poor shower, balcony door almost impossible to slide, instant coffee like dishwater, swipe key unreliable.

The café next door served an excellent breakfast and a great coffee and muffin deal for $5.

Room Tip: We had a room facing an internal space (11th floor) - no road noise unless you opened the balcony do...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David and Helen G
Angela H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Good Morning David & Helen G. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay and the service from our team.
As with my response to 888JustMe, I am pleased to advise we are currently installing new shower heads as a result from feedback like yours, and also have had a new key encoder installed which is helping with any key swipe problems we had been experiencing.

I invite you to contact me directly on 03 9246 0000 so I can discuss which room you were in so we can address the balcony door sliding issue, so I can get my maintenance manager to investigate.

Thank you again for leaving your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good: Location was impressive and the apartment was a good size.
Bad: Shower, noise, room service expensive, the card reader didn't work.

Shower heads spit water at you. Like gym showers.
They are either too cold when you have it on a pressure that doesn't hurt your skin - or put up with the sting to have it at a temp that doesn't give you goosebumps.
Also the bath tub is installed so that the angled backrest is where you have to step to get in. They provided a handle to hold for getting in (seems maybe other people hurt themselves getting in --> like I bruised my knee slipping in)..

The noise from the trains was bad if you want a room with a semi view (you won't see the river/casino unless you get the penthouse or floor below). If you want quiet then it means being at the back of the building where you look straight into the apartment of building behind.

The room service was nice food but expensive (and from the restaurant next door).

The card maker at reception didn't work so they had to scan me to my floor in the lift to get to the room.

I won't be returning to that hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back. If you want a view of the casino book the pe...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Good Morning 888JustMe, thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Northbank. I was disappointed to hear that you had not enjoyed your stay. We have been aware of the shower issues and have in fact yesterday & today been installing new shower heads, as a result from feedback such as yours. We are hoping this will see a remarkable improvement on the shower quality for our guests moving forward.

Unfortunately due to taller buildings around us we do not tend to sell for our views, however for the great location that we are in. I apologise for the train noise you experienced, we are more than happy to try to accommodate any requests to be facing away from the train line where possible.

We have had some key encoder issues over the last week, but pleased to say we now have a new encoder installed which has seen a great improvement on this.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback. Hopefully you can see that we do act on feedback given whereever we can, obviously some things are a quick fix whilst others involve more time & preparation & money. I do hope that you would consider staying with us again.