Kensington B&B
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$93
Radisson
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$157
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$210
$147
Marriott Hotels
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$181
$175
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$189
Agoda.com
$200
$196
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$143
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshomemade jamstrain stationother guestspublic transportcar parking permitracecourse roadwonderful hoststhe kitchen dining areahome from homemelbourne centraleasy walking distanceminute walkstayed nightsaustraliaaccommodationcitycafes
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had a great stay here, the owners Peter and Robena are welcoming and open but respectful. Very clean, cosy and convenient. The exterior is a charming cottage, while the interior is large and roomy. Close to all local amenities and transport, Kensington has a great selection of cafes and restaurants.

I enjoyed some great meals and conversation, will be back again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Robena B, Owner at Kensington B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

It was a delight to have you stay with us Zoe. We look forward to your return visits.
Robena & Peter

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My most recent stay was the third time I had stayed at the Kenginston B&B, or C&C, and for me it does feel like home away from home. Kensington is a lovely village very close to the CBD of Melbourne; an easy train-ride away. The B&B is clean, comfortable and friendly, and because it is only three rooms, there is never any feeling of being overloaded with guests. The kitchen is great - full of light and all the amenities that one needs; the central heating is a real bonus in Melbourne winters, and our hosts, Peter and Robena, are terrific. I love staying there.

Room Tip: As my trips to Melbourne have been by myself, it was wonderful for me to feel so completely safe and secure there. It is as welcoming to the solo traveller as to group travellers, and that is not always easy to find. While I have ticked the 'solo' trip option, I was in Melbourne for business, and it was great to be able to come and go as I pleased, and know that I was safe, warm and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Robena B, Owner at Kensington B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

So pleased our accommodation meets your needs Peta. Thanks for taking the time to let us & other travellers know what a great little part of Melbourne we enjoy in Kensington.
Robena & Peter

Reviewed September 21, 2013

B&Bs generally are harder to come by in Australia than in the UK. My stay at Kensington B&B was brief. After a long flight from the UK I needed a place that was easy to access from the airport and quiet, relaxed and comfortable where I could catch up on some sleep and enjoy a good cup of tea as I needed. Kensington B&B fitted the bill - a lovely home with Robena and Peter as genial hosts once I had surfaced. The location is old Melbourne with charm and easy access to the city by public transport, not always a given in Australian cities. I left with the memento of a little bottle of olive oil produced on the family farm a little up country.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JohJo

Thanks, you’re most welcome back to stay with us on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

A very good base, particularly for those who do not want to stay in the City centre. Good communications to both City Centre and Airport. Good selection of shops and restaurants locally. Clean, comfortable and friendly

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Kensington B&B was our last stop in Australia before flying home to the UK and we couldn't have chosen a better place to leave us with a lovely experience of "Aussie" hospitality. Robina and Peter made us very welcome and provided everything that you could think of to make our stay comfortable - delicious jams,variety of cereals pumpkin seed bread (yummy,yummy) and a beautifully equipped,spotlessly clean kitchen.Our bedroom was large with a big bed and even a two seater sofa which was lovely to flop down on after a long day sightseeing.The bedlinen was crisp and clean, in fact everything was absolutely spot on. The location was ideal with the rail station approximately 300yds away, for which railcards were provided, and left to us just to top up ready for next guests - nice to know we were trusted - and really showed how relaxed the whole atmosphere was in such a delightful home.Thankyou Robina and Peter and if ever we are lucky enough to visit Melbourne again you would be our first choice of B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila H
Robena B, Owner at Kensington B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thanks Sheila,
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us while discovering Melbourne. We’d love to have you back again.
Cheers Robena & Peter