“We felt at home”
Review of Kensington B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melbourne
Kensington B&B
Ranked #4 of 21 Melbourne B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“We felt at home”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We recently used the Kensington B&B for a 3 day stay in Melbourne in October 2013 . It was clean and comfortable. Robena and Peter were great hosts giving useful information when we needed it and welcoming us into their social gatherings in the evening if we felt like a chat whilst at the same time allowing us the freedom to come and go if we wished. The area was very handy to the city centre whilst at the same time very quiet. The breakfast was "help yourself" which meant we could get up when it suited us, there were healthy cereals and some yummy homemade preserves and jams and always a good cup of tea or coffee when we came in. We will be recommending Kensington B&B to our friends when they are looking for somewhere to stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Robena B, Owner at Kensington B&B, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we trust you also enjoyed your Great Ocean Road trip.

Cheers
Robena & Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Perth
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had a great stay here, the owners Peter and Robena are welcoming and open but respectful. Very clean, cosy and convenient. The exterior is a charming cottage, while the interior is large and roomy. Close to all local amenities and transport, Kensington has a great selection of cafes and restaurants.

I enjoyed some great meals and conversation, will be back again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Robena B, Owner at Kensington B&B, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
It was a delight to have you stay with us Zoe. We look forward to your return visits.
Springwood, NSW
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My most recent stay was the third time I had stayed at the Kenginston B&B, or C&C, and for me it does feel like home away from home. Kensington is a lovely village very close to the CBD of Melbourne; an easy train-ride away. The B&B is clean, comfortable and friendly, and because it is only three rooms, there is never any feeling of being overloaded with guests. The kitchen is great - full of light and all the amenities that one needs; the central heating is a real bonus in Melbourne winters, and our hosts, Peter and Robena, are terrific. I love staying there.

Room Tip: As my trips to Melbourne have been by myself, it was wonderful for me to feel so completely safe and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Robena B, Owner at Kensington B&B, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
So pleased our accommodation meets your needs Peta. Thanks for taking the time to let us & other travellers know what a great little part of Melbourne we enjoy in Kensington.
London
Reviewed September 21, 2013

B&Bs generally are harder to come by in Australia than in the UK. My stay at Kensington B&B was brief. After a long flight from the UK I needed a place that was easy to access from the airport and quiet, relaxed and comfortable where I could catch up on some sleep and enjoy a good cup of tea as I needed. Kensington B&B fitted the bill - a lovely home with Robena and Peter as genial hosts once I had surfaced. The location is old Melbourne with charm and easy access to the city by public transport, not always a given in Australian cities. I left with the memento of a little bottle of olive oil produced on the family farm a little up country.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JohJo
Robena B, Owner at Kensington B&B, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks, you’re most welcome back to stay with us on your next visit to Melbourne.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

A very good base, particularly for those who do not want to stay in the City centre. Good communications to both City Centre and Airport. Good selection of shops and restaurants locally. Clean, comfortable and friendly

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy C
Billericay
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Kensington B&B was our last stop in Australia before flying home to the UK and we couldn't have chosen a better place to leave us with a lovely experience of "Aussie" hospitality. Robina and Peter made us very welcome and provided everything that you could think of to make our stay comfortable - delicious jams,variety of cereals pumpkin seed bread (yummy,yummy) and a beautifully equipped,spotlessly clean kitchen.Our bedroom was large with a big bed and even a two seater sofa which was lovely to flop down on after a long day sightseeing.The bedlinen was crisp and clean, in fact everything was absolutely spot on. The location was ideal with the rail station approximately 300yds away, for which railcards were provided, and left to us just to top up ready for next guests - nice to know we were trusted - and really showed how relaxed the whole atmosphere was in such a delightful home.Thankyou Robina and Peter and if ever we are lucky enough to visit Melbourne again you would be our first choice of B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila H
Robena B, Owner at Kensington B&B, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thanks Sheila,
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us while discovering Melbourne. We’d love to have you back again.
Cheers Robena & Peter
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family and I stayed here during our time in Australia for my sisters wedding.
We stayed in all the rooms in the house: downstairs (with ensuite), the double room upstairs, and the one of the single beds.
As we had family that lived down the road it was a perfect location for us. Also it is a very short walk to the shops at the end of the road and very easy to get to the train station to commute into the centre of Melbourne.
(Also recommend the Kennsington Pizza place down the road)
The hosts Robena & Peter were very friendly and helpful. A bonus I thought was most useful was the use of the train cards to top up rather than having to buy the cards ourselves.
The 'help' yourself breakfast was great as I didn't feel obliged to work around their schedule of breakfast hours.
The house was clean and tidy and rooms were great for our trip.
Would definitely recommend