“P'st Off interstate client”

Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street
Ranked #111 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“P'st Off interstate client”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good location in town centre about only thing going for it, absolutely ridiculous to have to pick up the keys in Carlton extra $15 taxi fare to get back to Collins St with Baggage and adds to added cost of over priced apartment. The apartment was smelly (damp?) tired and dirty by usual standards and desperately needed redecoration. It does not represent the pictures on the website and is false advertising. Split level not suitable for aged people and to far to go back to Carlton to complain. Never again!

Room Tip: Look else where if they haven't got something better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wales
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Excellent location in town centre but a real pain to have to pick up the keys somewhere else.
Nevertheless the apartment was ok. Everything needed was there but it was in desperate need of redecoration. It was as tired as I was after a long flight and journey (via Swanston St for the keys) from the airport. The free bus tour around the city was a bonus as was the tram loop.

Room Tip: None I can think of.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Apartment was really large, with a kitchen, dining table and sofa and lounge area. Bedroom was a good size, as was the bathroom. Really great to have a washing machine. Large patio doors and a balcony were nice for relaxing. Apartment was clean and tidy. Location was absolutely perfect, walking distance to just about everything. We got a taxi from airport and I waited while we collected the keys which didn't take long and so wasn't very inconvenient. Lots of kitchen utensils provided and so on one evening decided to make some pasta. Half an hour after turning the hob on full I could hold my hand flat on the hob and it was barely warm. Had to cook using several kettles of boiling water instead. If you are going to provide cooking facilities make sure they work!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gold coast
Reviewed July 22, 2013

When the other reviews say that they will not let you pick the keys up early, they mean it.
We were half an hour early and they still made us wait.
The room was average, we were on the 14th floor with a beautiful view of Collins street however the walls had handprints on them (black handprints on cream walls?) the curtains were broken and had dead flies stuck in the roll of them.
The kitchen was clean, the bed was comfortable and the washing machine was broken. The shower was big enough however the floor felt unstable.

My main concern was the door. The lock was broken on our door.
After coming back to the hotel at about 11pm one night, I tried to unlock the door but the key would not turn over. After a panic attack my partner worked out that the pins in the lock were out of place (??) and to open the door you need to put the key in all the way, then pull it out halfway and THEN turn the key to open the door.
Made me feel very unsafe and scared.

After reading the other reviews about how the cleaners took items from peoples baggage, I did not want my room to be serviced so i'm not sure what the cleaning was like however running into the cleaners in the hallway, they seemed friendly enough.

The front counter women were rude and you could tell they were just there counting down the clock to home time. I did not feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traveller12391
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

First of all on Collins Street there is no reception. The room key has to be picked up from Carlton which is a bit of a walk with luggage.

The quality of the room was pretty good, neat, small and has just what you need. The bathroom is very tiny but modern looking. Not much natural light gets into the apartment though.

I used an entertainment card and received a discount for 3 nights.
On the second day, we were woken up to a phone call and knock on the door. We were then told that check out was on that day when in fact, I had booked for one more night.
Because I had received the discount, they thought I hadn't paid enough. No one contacted me about the mistake, so I thought it had been sorted.

On the day of check out, an extra $150 had been taken out of my account without my knowledge. I called them and they then again said I hadn't paid enough. I explained again and was told it would take 7 to 10 days for a refund.

I sent a long email and got a one sentence reply 4 days later saying the money would be refunded by the end of the week. No apologies made.

Overall, I did think the quality of apartments was good but the service was not.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amber A
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Only annoyance is no reception have collect keys at other hotel, only a few minutes away.
Hotel is in a great spot, right near cafes, shops and trams..
Rooms are nice size with kitchen utilities. Tv needs to be fixed only getting one channel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Esaus
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Started off not so good as the apartment I booked was not as I was told it would be (can't do stairs and we were downstairs and had to walk up to the floor above for the lift) however when I pointed this out we were relocated to a super apartment on a level with the lift. It was immaculate and well appointed with a good variety of cooking equipment. Had an en-suite as well as another full bathroom and two bedrooms with really comfortable beds. Soundproof so no outside noise. Central to trams and main shopping area. Only drawback was having to uplift the key from two blocks away. Not good when you arrive in on a late night flight, but a small inconvenience for the comfort we gained.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends