“Great”

Ranked #39 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
wellington
“Great”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Have stayed in Melbourne for past 4 tennis opens .Bigger apartments, more expensive ,same amenities--Rooms serviced every 5 days???
The Milano had everything we required. We had seen comments on size of rooms etc but found it not a problem--- Rooms were fine --Shower was fine--Cooking facilities fine-washing machine--everthing was good
The staff were great ----rooms were serviced every day would stay there again

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank busterWellington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We just returned from a stay in Melbourne, mainly to see the tennis. We had no problem with the Milano apartments, the location is great, walk to the CBD or hop on a tram. We had 4 people staying in a two bedroom/2 bathroom and I think it would have been a little cramped without the second bathroom. The staff are very helpful and the apartments were very clean and were serviced every day. There is a nice pool and tennis court.
I am very fussy about where I stay and I would recommend this complex to others

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — size
  • Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Surabaya
Reviewed December 25, 2009

The two bedroom apartment has limited space, approx. 60 meter squares. It was clean and adequate. There is foxtel with limited channels, but good enough for us. There is a washing machine with a built-in dryer, which is a plus. There is a king bed in one room and 2 singles in another. The couch at the living room is a sofa bed but they did not provide bedding for the sofa bed even though it was mentioned in the booking that there would be 5 guests staying in the apartment. The receptionists are pretty helpful and friendly. The location's quite good, 3 mins walk to Melb central.

There is only 1 bathroom so all of us would have to share. Also, we had troubles sleeping at night as there is a night club next door. Staying at level 13 still managed to hear the loud noises from below such as the night club's music and screams from random drunk people as early as 10pm to 3am. There is no 24hour concierge so you would not be able to get any help after 10pm.

Other than that, everything's all good.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Perth
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I wouldn't recommend staying here, we booked through the internet for 2 adults and 2 children the apartment was tiny, the bathroom door didn't work and there is a night club next door that plays music until all hours on the weekends.
The staff are very helpful, but the place is not clean at all.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Although I stayed in the 'sister' Tribeca apaprtments, I had been referred there by Louna (the director) while checking the Milano apartments (which were well above my budget) and, reading the previous comments, just wated to add my own experience:

Louna, who is director of both Tribeca and Milan, is a very consciensious and helpful person with outstanding customer service skills. In all instances, she was more than happy to help, advise, assist and provide usufull information. She seems to truly care about the guests a lot and that is something which is not very common in most tourist hotels or properties.

Her other staff at the Tribeca, were also extremely helpful, always happy to assist, always with a smile. Thank you Belinda and Tutu, too.

If good customer servie is what you are looking for - well, I may be biased due to my own experiences, but I trully appreciated the people in Milano and Tribeca.

Yes, every place can have some issues, but it is the way these are handled and solved and the dedication of the staff that makes the real experience.

As for comments about the service, I actually appreciated having the washing machine and drier at the unit - they made things so easy, so you didn't really need to depend on someone to change your towels etc. Big, big plus!

In addition, both properties are in very convenient locations (if you stay in Tribeca, do explore the lovely Fitzroy Gardens, as well as Victoria St in Richmond (full of vietnamense supermarkets). The trams that use that route (109) tend to be the cleaner ones, relatively to the ones used in other areas.

****

Thank you, Louna, for the assistance and invaluable information - it was much appreciated and a lot of other tourist accommodation places can only aspire to your commitment to your guests.

A very impressed visitor :-)

• Stayed August 2009
Perth WA
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The Milano apartments where lovely to stay in. The rooms are well appointed and have all the modcons you could need for a well service apartment. Nice views of the city and great location. We had a bit of a mix up with rooms and when they were ready which caused a bit of angst especially when we had travelled the red eye and just wanted to rest. We were staying over the weekend and we should have been told the apartments are not serviced on the weekend. Would have been nice to have been offered clean towels or informed about no cleaning service. I didn't find one of the receptionist very knowledgeable about what we could do or where to go in Melbourne for general touristy things. But overall very nice apartments and the spa was pretty good. Just work on that customer service and you're on a winner.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Hawaii
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This was my first time staying in serviced apartment accommodation and at first I was very a little peeved that my company booked me in here rather than the Westin where I normally stay in Melbourne (budget cuts). However, I must say that I was VERY pleasantly surprised!
The complex is exceptionally clean and appeared to be brand new. Although the amenities aren't what you would expect from a luxury hotel, I found the staff and customer service to be at least on par with the Westin (if not better). I thought I would miss the room service and restaurants, however, I found that I actually preferred having the kitchen - this allowed me to have snacks handy in my room (which really helped when dealing with jet lag) and I also was able to have my own breakfast every day in my room, which I found to be a tremendous advantage over the typical heavy hotel breakfast buffets where I typically eat until I burst and then feel fat and sluggish all day long.
The complex is in a great position and for the first time in almost a dozen business trips to Melbourne, I feel that I finally got a sense of what Melbourne is all about. I dined at some amazing restaurants and cafe's near the hotel and I loved wondering though Victoria Market which I HIGHLY recommend for anymore visiting Melbourne (it's only a 2min walk from the hotel). The hotel also had a nice fitness center and pool - although I didn't really use it because between work and just wondering the streets - I didn't have the time. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and I actually really liked staying in a "Serviced Apartment" - I've even asked my travel coordinator to try and find me a service apartment for my next business trip Ottawa.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
MilanoTeam, Milano Team at Milano Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, July 31, 2009
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and experience a little bit of Melbourne while you were here. Please feel free to contact us next time you are in Melbourne so that we can provide you with a special rate and provide you with a pleasant stay again.

Kind Regards,