“Very comfortable”

Milano Serviced Apartments
Ranked #42 of 156 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We found these apartments very comfortable. Good size bedrooms, lounge and kitchen were excellent with comfy sofas. Nice balcony and while there was a bit of noise from the road below it was tolerable. Once doors were shut to balcony the apartment was quiet and we did not hear any noises from hallway or adjacent apartments. The only thing we found annoying was the TV in the bedroom only showed security footage of the entrances. The pool is great but heating in it is very cool. Location is excellent as close to a variety of eating locations. Staff were friendly and helpful and check in and out was a breeze. We did get this apartment at a low last minute price not normal advertised rack rate which made it good value, but normal rack rate would be expensive for apartment.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I'm sorry to say but I wouldn't trust this place - the management can not be trusted. I have booked a number of times at this hotel thinking it would be better due to the location and the fact it's a serviced apartments. The service and reliability of the hotel is shocking and I would avoid the stress of this by staying somewhere else (not the Tribecca either out of principle it's managed by the same people).

The first stay was okay everything went fine (2012). The second time (2013) we booked months in advanced and they phoned up a week or two prior to flying down saying there was an issue and we would have to be moved to Tribecca apartments. This was disappointing at the time but Tribecca was still okay. The third time we stayed to book at Milano we booked and paid in approx march to stay in July and I hadn't heard from them to confirm the booking a few days before. I phoned up and they informed us the apartment we had booked was actually now flooded. Keeping in mind we booked and paid months before, Melbourne had had NO rain and there was 3 major events on that weekend in Melbourne so all hotels were now charging - including Milano $500+ a night. They were unable to move us to Tribecca- due to everything being booked- and said that all their hotels well booked out due to all events. It was as if they wanted us to do something saying that everywhere is booked out now so it's hard to place us. We were due to fly on the Friday and we're told to ring Thursday night to double check everything was okay as they were going to "do their best" (we paid and booked months in advance so I don't quiet understand their "generosity"). No one answered the Thursday night so for 20 minutes we rang straight until someone on the night shift answered. When we got there they said we had been able to fit us in. Mind you we had to change apartments twice in our stay. I would assume they had overbooked the hotel at a higher price than what we had paid and then realised their wrong doing.

I am going with a friend in June 2014 and decided that I would give one more crack at staying here. I phoned up and was quoted a price I phoned back the next day to confirm and pay - was asked what I was quoted I advised the lady and she said that was actually incorrect as she just realised its a long weekend and it has tripled the price (why would you ask if you are not going to honour).

Overall I would avoid as good as the location is. You can't trust what you are told and booked - even when paid and booked months in advance. Good luck to anyone else but after I have tried a number of times you think they would try and right the wrongs.

Room Tip: I'm sorry but I would avoid.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 914elle_01
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Milano is centrally located and there is in site parking. Parking is $21 per night, in the adjacent multi storey carpark. You need to collect a tag from reception ro enter to carpark.
The hotel is huge, 20+ levels of apartments. Ours was on level 12, overlooking the tennis court (which is on level 7).
The apartment had a horrible smell. Cigarettes predominantly. So bad was the the stench that we asked reception to help us. Aparently the entire building (all 20+ levels) was fully booked, so they could offer no swap. The receptionist and cleaner came to our room, but claimed the stench of cigarettes was not from smoking. The cleaner claimed it was a generally smelly building and agreed that the 'unpleasant smell' was normal for the block. Hmmm. We had no choice but to open the window and pray the stench would dissipate. The hotel did give us a discount due to the horrendous stench in our apartment, which we appreciated.
Otherwise the apartment was nice. Tiny. But reasonably clean and well appointed, including a washer-drier and foxtel. The aircon was very strange, and had to be set at 21 C- stifling! A complicated notice (which I have posted a photo of) explained that the air con cold be no lower than 21 C or it would spray water all over the floor. As someone who always sets air con to 18 C, this was very unpleasant.
I was intending to rank Milano much lower than 4 star, but the staff did attempt to help us and the stench in our room, and it is a good central location.
I would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We travelled in a group of 4 staying 1 night in Melbourne (we had the 2 bedroom apartment with 4 single beds). This apartment was great, secure parking (for a fee) quiet area and everything we needed. We all had a fantastic night sleep, beds & pillows were comfortable, apartment was very neat and catered for all our requirements. The area was convenient for our purpose (we walked to the Casino took about 1/2hr not rushing) I would stay here again. Only thing that the apartment didn't have was a brush & shovel to sweep up.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room facing north towards Victoria Pde
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Myself, my boyfriend and 2 friends stayed at the Milano over the past weekend for 4 nights, and enjoyed everything the apartments offered. When booking, I requested a room on a high floor, and we were given a room on the 30th floor, which was great to see that they do try to adhere to guest's requests. There were no issues over the weekend, the staff were great, checking in and out was easy and the apartment itself definitely did the job. We stayed in a room with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, which was a perfect size for the 4 of us.
The Aldi next door, and 7Eleven just down the street meant buying the essentials was easy, and still an easy walk to Melbourne Central shops and to the tram. I really enjoyed staying here, even if it is a bit of a walk from the central part of the city, that didn't stop us from enjoying our weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We are currently staying in a 2 bdrm apartment at the Milano and I have complained about all the following but all I recieved was a meak sorry about all of that. Dont stay in room 1306!
Dirty dishes on check in, hair on the bathroom floor and bad odour in the room - asked to be looked at when we arrived, was not addressed.
Washing machine broken, unable to use, jug broken have to hold it for it down for it to boil. They have collected our washing and given us a new jug but why was this not checked when the room was serviced? One or two things i can accept or if things are rectified and compensated for but room is also small and beds and pillows very uncomfy. Would def not stay here again, reception has been notified of all of the above. Choose another hotel! This is certainly NOT 4-5star.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank MelDos
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I traveled Melbourne during summer 2013 and stayed for 1 month. It was a nice and comfortable stay there. A compact suit is perfect for stay of one/two. During my stay there was an accidental fire broke down at the hotel. But it was taken care of very promptly and no injury took place. As it is the heart of the city all the amenities are just near by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business