Milano Serviced Apartments
$204
$175
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$132
$91
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$184
$104
  • Room Service
$251
$161
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsaldi supermarketgreat locationcinema roomqueen victoria marketswashing machineindoor pooltennis courtsmelbourne central stationapartment was cleancooking facilitiesswanston stcar parkingfull kitchenmin walkstayed for nightsliving areafree tram zone
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent three nights here for three nights as a family for a weekend of football, shopping and eating - the true joys of Melbourne. The location of these apartments is fantastic, close to the Queen Victoria Markets, Lygon St and Melbourne Central shopping centre. There is a tram line at the end of the street and a train line in Melbourne Central, providing easy access to all areas of the city and beyond. The apartment we had was clean and comfortable for the 4 days we were in town, the air conditioning was great in the cold Melbourne nights and the balcony was lovely to be out on during the day. All in all it was a great place to stay and great value for a family of four and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My partner and i were on the 23rd floor of Milano Apartments in Melbourne.
we were traveling up for our one year and asked previously before our two night stay for our room to have a king sized bed. when we arrived in the room they accommodated us with two single beds, as i asked the front desk to switch the beds around it took 3 calls from the room we were in for them to finally get the beds changed.
Another negative was the $150 bond we were not aware of on arrival that they did not mention to us on the booking until we arrived, which left myself dealing with money i did not intend to hand over as we have stayed in hotels previously before close to milano that takes no bond, and with equal service and hotel quality .

apart from that, the room was spacious, with good kitchen , and choice of Foxtel in the lounge room with another small TV in the bedroom provided with only normal HD channels.
Decking was much smaller than shown on the photos on the website, but that was expected as most deckings are in hotels in the CBD.
Bed was very comfortable after rearranged and shower was very relaxing.

The Hotel facilities were perfection, the gym was very updated and spacious, the pool and spa were good, did not try the sauna but seemed very updated inside. the tennis court was marvellous and had a perfect view above of it from our decking.

i would not recommend the Room service provided by the Hotel books inside the room, the restaurant they order from are very over priced for what you could buy from ALDI on the bottom floor for a few dollars, compared to buying room service on the top of delivery fee which was near $40, and they dont take eftpos , nor deliver right to your door, you have to go downstairs to get it.
Apart from the minor negatives, the hotel is close to Melbourne central and public transport.

all up a 7 and half out of 10 for the two nights there.

would recommend this hotel for couples, or people wishing to stay for a long holiday, but be warned, parking is awfully over priced for the city around the hotel.

Room Tip: each side has a good view of the city, but would recommend anywhere as high as the 23rd floor will give a perfect view of the city from a far view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Spent 5 nights here with a group of friends. The Milano is fantastic in regards to location, right in the heart of Melbourne. The foyer is gorgeous and perhaps a bit misleading as to the quality of the rooms. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment, and whilst the room was very clean, it reeked of cigarette smoke, I understand we were probably given a smoking room, but the lack of airing out or deodorising meant it was at times almost unbearable (simply request a non-smoking room when making your booking). We chose to stay in an apartment hotel so we could easily cook for ourselves as a cheaper option, however we shortly became frustrated with the lack of cooking utensils. Plenty of pots and pans, but no colander, lack of spatulas and wooden spoons, cling wrap, cooking oil, the bowls were tiny etc. That being said the little dishwasher makes it nice and easy to clean up! The décor is a bit tired and the walls could use a fresh coat of paint. The pool/spa area, Gym and Tennis Court are all fantastic and well maintained! The ALDI next door is very convenient. The Staff are very friendly and accommodating. We did stay here when Melbourne was experiencing some very windy weather, and there was an awful howling noise coming from somewhere in the building. We asked reception if there was anything they could do, and they said they couldn't source where the noise was coming from so unfortunately no, disappointing because otherwise this is a very quiet and peaceful hotel! The rooms perhaps need a compendium with more information, telephone numbers, brochures etc. The remote for our reverse cycle air-conditioning didn't work meaning we could only turn it on manually and couldn't adjust the temperature, luckily it was already set at a warm 24 degrees. Overall the Milano is a pretty good hotel, just needs some slight adjustments to bring it up and make it a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Down in Melbourne for a few days so son could play in Junior Hockey championships. Wanted something on edge of city and close to restaurants, shops etc and also to get to the various venues over the comp.

initial booking got mixed up but ended up speaking to the manager prior to arrival and he sorted it out. Thanks. Different story upon check in, no roll away bed and receptionist was very indifferent and made the comment - well if what you are telling me is true I will have to follow up. So not a good start as the receptionist insinuated that I was lying. Made me feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome. A much better choice of words would have been, well let me check the details and I will contact you back when you have settled into your apartment.

Also found out upon check in that I had to pay $150 security bond. When I asked why that was not on the original booking information she pointed to the check in documents (in about 10 font) and said well it's written there. Her response was cold and aloof.

Parking was a nightmare - the receptionist holds this instruction leaflet in front of her face and says follow this. Well if you follow the instructions as per the leaflet you end up in the wrong carpark. The manager of the carpark when he was letting us out tells me it happens every day and I was about the 10th person that day that had gone into the wrong car park. Now I don't feel that stupid.

We found our apartment and the boys were off to the excellent indoor pool whilst I got dinner. No large bowls in the cupboard to cook pasta in microwave so decided to use cook top and saucepan. No saucepans!!! So I cooked the pasta in small bowls.

Decided to watch TV but remote flat and needed batteries. Where do I find the number for reception, looked around but no compendium etc so I had to make a phone call to the general number to which the receptionist answered, I will get some and bring them up. Never arrived and I had to follow up the following morning. Tried to turn the heater on as room getting chilly but again no batteries in the remote so wrapped blanket around me and listened to the radio on my phone app. Beds were comfortable and luckily I had taken a blanket and pillow with me as the spares were being used by the boys in the bedroom.

No shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom so headed out to buy some and got caught in the lift. Key access would not work and lift just would not go up or down. Luckily I had my phone with me so I rang my son back in the apartment to use his key. Was in there for about 5 minutes before help arrived.

Washer and dryer is combined which is alright if you want to do both cycles but a machine with a separate drying mode would be ideal and more convenient. Toaster in the kitchen is useless and is only big enough to take the slimmest and smallest piece of bread that is on the market.

This place has so much potential as it is a great location, has a great pool, gym and tennis court and is within easy walking distance of most things. You just need to get the small details right and first of all put an information folder in the room. If there was an emergency and you needed to contact reception there are no instructions - guess you could ring 000.

Also you need to clean the tennis balls out of the gutter, there are tons of them caught in the gutter and when you look out your window you can seem them all lodged in the gutter. Must be a nightmare when it rains.

Also the gym is interesting, good mix of equipment but there are three TV's all on different channels and next to each other with the sound turned down. Wouldn't it be better to have them all on the one channel with the volume turned up so whilst you are on the treadmill you can actually listen to the programme.

maybe the don't want short term residents as it appears to house international students that go to the local university. But please try a little harder as you really do have a facility that is nearly there, just need to pay attention to the small details eg housekeeping and manner of front desk staff.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side look out over the tennis court and you can see the indoor pool. Good equipped gym
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed in a two bedroom apartment. The apartments are quite small. The apartments were clean and relatively modern. The pool, spa and tennis court were great. The location is reasonably good. It is close to Vic Market and a short walk to Melbourne Central. There are public transport options close by. Just be aware that if you stay here on a windy night you will not get much sleep as the building makes a great deal of noise!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family