“Lovely quaint rooms and customer service pitty about the paper thin walls and loud music playing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Glenferrie Hotel

Glenferrie Hotel
Ranked #117 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I actually wish I could attach a video to show just how loud the music was in room 5. I filmed using my iPhone and it is very clearly heard. I cannot speak for the other rooms but this was horrendous. We are staying here the night before a fundraising 60km walk for cancer and we even told the man when we booked and checked in. You would hope they would know how loud the rooms get and put us in a higher room or advise us somewhere else????? For $195 for the night I'm very disappointed I don't know how they can charge this knowing this :( Unfortunately I can hear EVERY single word the singer sings... Sex on fire, betterman, with or without you, were just a few of the songs I could clearly hear. I could even successfully Shazam the songs!! Chairs moving, people talking and dancing should NOT be heard. I expected perhaps the distance hum of music being on top of a pub but I was not prepared for this. I rang reception and asked how long the music would play for. I was told until midnight without an apology or even turning down the volume. Very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I first met at the Glenferrie in 2005 and we held her 30th there this year. The guests and I could not get over the level of attention to detail and traditional "old modern" look that is the new, revitalised Glenferrie. Gone are the days of cheap Uni drinks on a thursday and the whole crew are welcoming in a new age of young professionals and classy feel. The venue provided us with a fantastic array of meals available for our function and easily catered for 30+ guests with timely and efficient table service mixed with approachable "Can do" staff.
The entire night went off without a hitch and I couldn't thank Craig and his staff enough for the effort and professionalism shown the entire night.
If potential guests are looking for an elegant venue with great service and a classic feel with no cheap gimmicks the Glenferrie is the place to go.
Prices were more than reasonable and the output was fantastic. We utilised the "Glenferrie Room" which provided a fantastic atmosphere looking out on the new style Beer garden and open roof. This was particularly fantastic after sunset where the atmosphere really took off.
We decided on a two course menu with a three hour drinks package and got away for well under expected budget.
So, anyone looking a well priced very classy looking venue with fantastic service, Craig and his crew at the Glenferrie in Hawthorn won't be surpassed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is very pleasantly surprising.

It is an older hotel that has been very nicely renovated.

Our room was on the top floor. It was very clean, very spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious, clean and also had a Spa bath.The reception was very helpful with tourism assistance. The hotel has free parking at the rear of the hotel though there are only a few spaces. The room was also very quiet and we heard no road noise.

The hotel is exceptionally well located. It is near the train line as well as the tram line that goes direct to Saint Kilda. There are lots of eating options nearby. If attending sporting events at either the Tennis or MCG, this Hotel is an excellent option as both venues are easily accessed by public transport (train).

I also recommend the Crab Apple cafe down the road for breakfast.

One thing to note, there is no elevator so you need to carry your luggage up the stairs. This did not worry us but you should be aware of this aspect.

Great hotel, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 11, it is a very nice room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wangaratta, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel has recently been taken over by a new management team,and what a team there professional approach is as good as it gets ,rooms very,very tasteful done ,close to trasport shops.The wife and i have just had our eyes done and had trouble seeing and doing a lot,but the new team ,lead by a mr drayson bushell were outstanding ,Yes high recomend this beautiful place,and the dream team We thank you and salute you job well done

Room Tip: We stayed in room one and it was one the first floor very quite and lovely room with spa bath,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

A lot of character and great food and friendly and helpful staff, room can be a little noisy until bar quietens down. Convenient access to CBD via nearby rail station and to Swinburne University. Close to a variety of cafe's and bars and local shops.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Lovely hotel, with excellent food and brilliant service. Decor of bar is beautiful. Friendly staff and quality food is offered at this hotel. I enjoyed my stay, value for money. I hope to see you all very soon. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed July 2013
Bangkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night, however the cost of the room and facilities does not justify the room rate. No breakfast included, unable to adjust the split type air conditioner & the flat screen tv had no remote & location meant that you could only watch from one of the twin beds in the room.
The room contained a spa bath, but was unable to be used as there was no plug. Han basin also had no plug.
Pictures on the web site make the place look better than it is.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AUSBKK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hawthorn Gardens Serviced Apartments
Albert Heights Serviced Apartments
Toorak Manor
Toorak Manor
#1 of 1 in Toorak

Been to Glenferrie Hotel? Share your experiences!