“Not enjoyable”
Review of Citiclub Hotel

Citiclub Hotel
Ranked #151 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a night. What a disappointment. Absolutely no value for money - they charged high prices as the tennis was on and hotel space was at a premium.

The room is tiny. The carpet is dirty and the bed cover had food stains on it. The bathroom had cracked tiles and the water taps did not close easily. The lighting in the room is poor and there is a sliver of a window for natural light. The matress was worn out and collapsed towards the middel.

They have a nightclub downstairs - if you stay there over the weekend the sound permeates the whole place. The gym and suana is dirty - decided not to use either.

There are better places at more reasonable prices in Melbourne. We will not be going back at any price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We had booked the Citiclub Hotel as last minute accomodation absolutely nothing was available for the Saturday night because i had left my booking so late. We paid $150 twin room breakfast included. After I had booked I realised about the night club downstairs on my reciept, Oh well at least we would have a room. On arrival there was a lot of commotion in the lobby, as I learned later on while i was waiting for hubby to park the car, there had been a break in by 3 Mauri men and a purse had been taken, (in the hotel staff words to each other) and they could be still in the building the police had been called but would be there in the next half hour. All this i overheard nothing was told to me personally I was very very unsettled. Finally hubby came back with the keys we went to our room finding it totally messed up and used. I felt sick by this and went back to the lobby, to get another room key. An apology accepted with a room upgrade and a bottle of champagne in 5 min delivered to our room. Unclear about the actuall room upgrade as it looked same same. But it was CLEAN and MADE UP! We got ready for our evening one after the other expecting the arrival of champagne to our door. It never came. The shower tap fell off as i turned it on, You didnt need to add any cold water the hot was medium warm. The furniture had been well worn too. However this room was very clean. We went back down to the lobby to organise a taxi and was told if we did it ourselves it would be quicker and also the champagne would be in our room on our arrival back to our room. My husband stood in the pouring rain and hailed us a taxi. This is so unproffesional from a Hotel of any standard. The next morning still no Champagne an extra car parking fee of $24 we had our breaky and got out of there! I emailed the hotel about our stay and they offered us a free room upgrade with a discounted price however we will never go back. There was no apology. The lack of proffesionalism, care and customer service was just appalling. BTW The noise from night club was fine no different to most noise heard in the city.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mary b
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night in November. Check-in was quick, room was clean. The nightclub downstairs was in operation but the room was on the 7th floor and I could only here the bass very very faintly. For $99 per night including breakfast I think this was a great deal. Only complaint was the hot water in shower - it's not that hot.

Room Tip: Higher floors on Fri / Sat / Sun nights when nightclub is open
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose_J8711
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed last Friday night and was a bit worried when I read all the reviews about the club downstairs. After staying the night, I have to say I could understand why they have those concerns, however I knew and expected it so it wasnt much of a surprise.
I checked in around 12.30am when the club was opening and I had to go through the backway (near the carpark) so the guests of the club uses the front door with bouncers guarding it. This would be off-putting if you dont know the hotel shares with a club.
The foyer was small and more of a 2-3star hotel, but the room itself was actually pretty good (3.5 stars) with 4 star qualities like nice tiles, clean bathroom, comfortable bed, pretty big room, room service and mini bar.
Thankfully the noise wasnt too bad for me. I was on the 7th floor (top floor) and could hear some faint club noises after you turn off the TV. But honestly, it would only affect you if you are not a light sleeper.
The location was great, only 1 block from Bourke st mall, 1min walk to trams, and 5-10min walk to Flinders and Southern Cross station.
I paid $99 for the night and it came with buffet breakfast and late checkout.
I think it was incredible value.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, dont stay here on the weekend.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick M
Reviewed September 11, 2011

besides location.. dont stay! not helpful, rude, unwilling to help customers, would never come back!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank hayley g
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel so many times because it's close to everything including Crown Casino, Melbourne Central and surrounding bars and restuarants.
The prices are very reasonable (around $135 over the weekend) and the facilities are amazing even in the standard rooms.
The floors from 7 down can be a little noisy if you are a light sleeper, due to the nightclub at the bottom floor. However i always request a higher level and this has never been a problem.
Only once have i stayed when the aircon wasn't working. I went down to the reception at around 11pm and they appologised immensely and shifted us to a deluxe suite post taste. They even gave us late checkout and two complimentary vouchers for breakfast next door.
The service and friendliness is A1 and parking is underground and secure.

Room Tip: Requested late checkout with no extra fees on occasions and have recieved complimentary breakfast in...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meganthomas
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed on a Sunday and Monday night and had no trouble with noise.
The room was far bigger than expected, it had a couple of lounges, a desk and coffee table.
I didn't like the after hours check in through the car park drive way. Both of the entries could be better signed.
The room didn't have a ceiling light , just a floor lamp.
The spare blanket needed a wash :/

Overall I think it was fine for the $89 a night deal that I got through webjet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business