“Italian Fare”

Lygon Street
Book In Advance
$148.53*
and up
Melbourne Super Saver: City Sightseeing Tour and Phillip Island Penguin Parade...
$86.32*
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Italian Fare”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The choice is yours and quite mind boggling a decision to make as to where to dine. All restaurants seem to provide a high level of service and cuisine.

Visited November 2013

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Absolute Must”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Fantastic street full of vibrant restaurants and some very tempting desert spots. Always great to visit for a coffee or a great meal. There are some great shops to visit and the atmosphere is always fun. Whether you are a visitor to Melbourne or a local its certainly a must do destination.

Perth, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Spoilt For Choice”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I love Lygon Street. I love the way the restraunteurs will stand outside and barter with you to get you in the door. I love the outdoor dining, even in winter. I love the cute little table-cloths and the atmosphere. I love how it's always a reasonable walk back to my hotel. I'm sure you get the idea. If only Perth had something similar!

Visited July 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cosmopolitan and central for visiting Melbourne.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

As old Melburnians visiting family & friends for Xmas, a rental apartment in Carlton was ideal, somewhere to park the hire car & take trams around the city, drive off to outer suburbs & Geelong. Excellent Italian dinners, of course, but also great Argentinian BBQ, and yum cha Xmas lunch in Lt Burke. Eat international & enjoy the atmosphere.

Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“An underwhelming experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We decided to visit Lygon St, while in Melbourne as my wife and I love Italian food and this area was pointed out to us by a taxi driver as "Little Italy". What we found was a row of al fresco dining restaurants and cafes with pushy hosts & hostesses who try to lure you in with hype about their menus and discount offers. We opted for a place where the host at least seemed to be an Italian gentleman, and proceeded to have a lousy meal at his establishment... burned bruschetta toast, flavourless pasta sauce, etc. On Christmas day, most CBD restaurants were closed so we decided to pay another visit to Lygon St., hoping that we had just chosen poorly on our first visit. Ended up having a slightly better, but still very mediocre meal that cost double the price. Surely there must be better Italian fare to be found in Melbourne. I routinely have much better Italian food here in Hong Kong at lower prices too.