Stayed here based on the reviews posted on Tripadvisor. I stayed for 2 nights while visiting Melbourne and we booked via wotif.com.au as they had great rates.
This place is at the top end (financial district end) of Collins St. I normally prefer to stay on the other side of the CBD but the walk to Bourke St Mall and Swanston didn't take long and it's all downhill.
They gave us a room on the top level (level 18) so we had fantastic views of the city. The room was smallish but very modern and had everything you could need - including a mini fridge, stovetop, microwave and dishwasher if you needed it. The only downside was the tiny sink in the bathroom made it hard to brush your teeth as the shelf is about the same width and it's directly above the sink so it's hard to get your head under the shelf to rinse your mouth out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Collins is located in the heart of Melbourne’s business and financial centre, opposite Rialto Towers. Just outside the door is the city’s vibrant entertainment, restaurant, and shopping precinct, while Bourke Street, Southgate, the Crown Entertainment complex and Telstra Dome are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oaks on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Collins Street Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks On Collins Street Melbourne
- Oaks Collins
- Oaks Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne