Rooms adequate, got an upgrade to executive, glad as I probably wouldn't have liked the standard. You cant hear the noise from the builders next door which is good, bathrooms very small but clean. Curtain around the beds missing on the street side and the blinds don't fit very well, about 4 inch's too narrow to keep all the light out at night.
Room does come with a dish washer, but only one pack of cleaner, and no rinse aid also no dish detergent for kitchen sink. Microwave cupboard poorly designed, and unusable for me as its too high and bottom hinge makes it a long arm reach to take anything out.
Tv a bit on the small side and not easy to watch from in bed, cant watch it from the sofa, and no where else suitable.
1st floor restaurant is ok, but don't expect any thing special, nice set up for buffet breakfast but mushroom & sausages are boiled, and the buffet containers are difficult to reclose unless your tall.
Beddings very meagre just a couple of sheets and a very thin blanket between.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Collins is located in the heart of Melbourne’s business and financial centre, opposite Rialto Towers. Just outside the door is the city’s vibrant entertainment, restaurant, and shopping precinct, while Bourke Street, Southgate, the Crown Entertainment complex and Telstra Dome are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Collins Street Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks On Collins Street Melbourne
- Oaks Collins
- Oaks Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne