We stayed at this hotel in July.
It is perfectly placed for a trip to Melbourne, be it for shopping, football or the many fine restaurants near by. It is close to everything and has many options for getting around the city on it's door step. There is the tram,catching a taxi or walking and enjoying city
The room we had for the first part of our stay was on the sixth floor and except for some noisy guests was a nice room The bathroom is small but served us well.
The room was made up everyday and on the night we came back tired and in need of a sugar hit the room service provided certainly hit the spot.
We returned to the Oaks for one night at the end of our holiday and again enjoyed a nice room. There were three of us in this room and as the one who opted for the rollaway bed I would have to say I slept well.
I have read some other not so favourable reviews of this hotel and I must say that we did not encounter poor service. We did not eat breakfast at the Oaks, preferring to find a different cafe every morning so I can not comment on this service.
I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Collins is located in the heart of Melbourne’s business and financial centre, opposite Rialto Towers. Just outside the door is the city’s vibrant entertainment, restaurant, and shopping precinct, while Bourke Street, Southgate, the Crown Entertainment complex and Telstra Dome are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Collins Street Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks On Collins Street Melbourne
- Oaks Collins
- Oaks Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne