I stayed here for 5 nights for work. The room was spacious enough, as it was a Studio apartment. But it didn't have any windows, except for one that had a view of a small rock garden that looked out onto a hallway?
I didn't like the micro bathroom and the fact that the toilet was right next to the bed. Which meant that after the morning bombing mission, the room would have to be evacuated to avoid contamination!
Breakfast was very average, service was slow, only advantage was it was cheap. There was a good cafe downstairs that was separate from the hotel that was an alternative.
Room service was very good though, I had the Thai Green Curry!
I was on the upper levels and some of my colleagues were on the lower levels and complained about the garbage trucks waking him early in the morning, so check a alleyways when selecting a room or request a room change if that happens.
I have given it 3/5 as the location was very good, in Collins St.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Collins is located in the heart of Melbourne’s business and financial centre, opposite Rialto Towers. Just outside the door is the city’s vibrant entertainment, restaurant, and shopping precinct, while Bourke Street, Southgate, the Crown Entertainment complex and Telstra Dome are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Collins Street Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks On Collins Street Melbourne
- Oaks Collins
- Oaks Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne