Stayed 3 nights Sep 16-19th. I have stayed previously here and enjoy the short walk to work from the appartments. So the location is excellent. The one thing that struck me on this visit is the amount of development around the Quest's area. Very large buildings now dwarf the Quest - poor quest getting built over all around!! Luckily I was at the end away from the construction next door so heard none of it.
I stayed in a Studio appartment 802b - yes b because there was an 802a. Not sure why you would double up on the numbers - but I believe the "a" appartment is the full size and the "b" appartment the studios. Why not just number upwards and leave out the a/b - could confuse the elderly/ forgetful or drunk people on which is their room..
The studio is adequately appointed and I only have a few small quibbles.
- Shower in the bathtub - the most annoying thing a hotel can do is put the shower in the bathtub - I know this is a space saver and you also have the option of a bath or shower - but I hate these with a passion. These are dangerous to have to climb in/out of - I dont know how the elderly would do so as it was quite a height to step over. While I'm on the shower there is only 1 tap for the water on/off and that is down at the bath level - it means when you want to turn on/off and adjust the water for the shower you have to bend down there to do so.
- The TV is this room had no sound with channel 7 or SBS - not sure if it was just a reception thing - all those tall buildings blocking the signal..
- The electrical plug at the desk was a double plug but you could only use one plug as the 2nd plug was blocked in part by the edge of the black desk part
- The iron was placed in the vanity under the sink in the bathroom - had to hunt for it - not sure why this was the chosen spot for it - probably better put in the laundry hidden in the closet on the bathroom
- The rooms seemed to be recently painted - could see paintbrush hairs in the paint above the shower - poor paint job but little to complain about really.
Overall a good stay and only very minor points to complain about. Service was good at front desk - it did appear they were training new people but no wait at the front desk and very friendly service by all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quest Docklands Serviced Apartments. Our hotel accommodation in Docklands is located next door to the Etihad Stadium, minutes from Southern Cross Station, Melbourne's Southbank precinct, Crown Casino, Melbourne Convention Centre and the heart of Melbourne's CBD.Quest Docklands feature 133 non-smoking serviced apartments in Docklands, Melbourne. Each apartment offers kitchen and laundry facilities with individually controlled reverse cycle air-conditioning. For the traveler who needs to stay in touch, our Docklands hotel accommodation feature WiFi internet access, direct dial phones with voice-mail, LCD televisions with Foxtel connection and DVD players to keep you entertained.Our accommodation has comfortably appointed one, two and two bedroom executive serviced apartments that feature separate living and dining area that extend out on to a balcony and iPod dock for your enjoyment. Quest Docklands Serviced Apartments is the ideal alternative to hotel style accommodation and offers daily In Room Dining options, 10 charge back restaurants and a business centre. Other features of the property include on site car parking (subject to availability. Quest Docklands also offers a fully equipped conference room for all of your meeting and small conference / seminar / training requirements. Catering can be arranged and parking is available for conference delegates at Etihad Stadium.For your convenience and peace of mind, secure on-site car parking** is available, charges apply. Perfectly located in the heart of Docklands Melbourne, a leisurely stroll from top eateries, Quest Docklands is your complete Melbourne accommodation solution. **Car parking is subject to availability and is offered on a first in first served basis, upon reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your Quest Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Docklands Melbourne