“Modern appartments in good location”
Review of Quest Docklands

Quest Docklands
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed 3 nights Sep 16-19th. I have stayed previously here and enjoy the short walk to work from the appartments. So the location is excellent. The one thing that struck me on this visit is the amount of development around the Quest's area. Very large buildings now dwarf the Quest - poor quest getting built over all around!! Luckily I was at the end away from the construction next door so heard none of it.

I stayed in a Studio appartment 802b - yes b because there was an 802a. Not sure why you would double up on the numbers - but I believe the "a" appartment is the full size and the "b" appartment the studios. Why not just number upwards and leave out the a/b - could confuse the elderly/ forgetful or drunk people on which is their room..

The studio is adequately appointed and I only have a few small quibbles.

- Shower in the bathtub - the most annoying thing a hotel can do is put the shower in the bathtub - I know this is a space saver and you also have the option of a bath or shower - but I hate these with a passion. These are dangerous to have to climb in/out of - I dont know how the elderly would do so as it was quite a height to step over. While I'm on the shower there is only 1 tap for the water on/off and that is down at the bath level - it means when you want to turn on/off and adjust the water for the shower you have to bend down there to do so.

- The TV is this room had no sound with channel 7 or SBS - not sure if it was just a reception thing - all those tall buildings blocking the signal..

- The electrical plug at the desk was a double plug but you could only use one plug as the 2nd plug was blocked in part by the edge of the black desk part

- The iron was placed in the vanity under the sink in the bathroom - had to hunt for it - not sure why this was the chosen spot for it - probably better put in the laundry hidden in the closet on the bathroom

- The rooms seemed to be recently painted - could see paintbrush hairs in the paint above the shower - poor paint job but little to complain about really.

Overall a good stay and only very minor points to complain about. Service was good at front desk - it did appear they were training new people but no wait at the front desk and very friendly service by all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GM_QDocklands, Manager at Quest Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2016

Thank you for your positive review and rating. It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am happy to share that late last year we completed a refurbishment of the hotel and now all the studio apartments feature walk-in rainwater showers. Also all rooms in the hotel have access to Foxtel IQ, so you will never miss your favourite program.

Once again thank you sharing your thoughts on the property, it is greatly appreciated. Happy Travels!

There are newer reviews for Quest Docklands

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Quest Docklands is conveniently located to most of the CBD action. A stones throw from Etihad stadium, DFO, the shopping strips of Collins or Bourke St. There is also some new bars and eateries as the precinct around the hotel starts to build up. Also great for business with some big business buildings close within walking distance,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GM_QDocklands, General Manager at Quest Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Hirdson,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Quest Docklands, and for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Our team are passionate about providing exceptional customer service and will greatly appreciate your feedback.

I agree that Quest Docklands location is great, especially with Southern Cross Station and the free City Circle Tram only minutes away.

We hope to welcome you back to Quest Docklands soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for four nights in July & was very happy with all aspects of the visit. It's a great location for the footy at Etihad, & with a tram stop just around the corner, getting to the city etc was very easy. Had a lovely one bedroom apartment & there was plenty of room to spread out. Staff were extremely helpful at all times.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
GM_QDocklands, General Manager at Quest Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Shazs,

Thank you very much for your review.

We do pride ourselves on having friendly staff and offering a great place to stay. Receiving reviews from guests such as yourself is wonderful.

We appreciate you taking the time to write the review and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is one of the many trips that I have done and chosen to stay with Quest Docklands and it has never been a disappointing. The service and quality is immaculate. I had stayed with Quest Docklands from anywhere between a night to up to two months and every time I am impressed with the cleanliness as well as the professionalism of the staff.

This time round was no exception. I was given a call the morning I was suppose to check-in informing me that the room I have booked is no longer available (due to maintenance) and instead of the 2 Bedroom, 4 single bed configuration I requested for, I would have to end up with a 2 Queen bed configuration. I arrived and was told that because of this inconvenience, I would be given a lower rate as well as complimentary parking. Further to the surprise, when I arrived in the room, I found a box of Cadbury Roses with a apology note attached to it.

It's these personal touches that really make Quest Docklands stand out. I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr Lim,

It was great to welcome you back again and I'm pleased you had yet another great experience staying at Quest Docklands. Once again, thank you for understanding regarding the room move.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent location, close to everything in the city. Wonderful staff who are always available to assist with any enquiry. Stayed here a couple of years ago and was very pleasantly surprised with my recent stay to see a top notch refurbishment has been completed.
Will be coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GM_QDocklands, General Manager at Quest Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Annie,

Thank you for your excellent review on your recent stay with us at Quest Docklands.
I was glad to hear your accommodation met your expectations and the location was convenient.

Our refurbished apartments are furnished to suit our guest’s needs and requirements whether it is for short or long term accommodation. We pride ourselves on servicing these needs with space, convenience, comfort and by providing our valued guests with a 'home away from home'.

Thank you once again, I will definitely pass your wonderful feedback to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Docklands in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a fabulous 4 days in Melbourne. We have an 8 month old baby and the Quest Docklands were fantastic! We had a port a cot all set up for us on arrival and having a one bedroom unit, it was great to have a kitchenette and laundry.
Our balcony over looked Bourke street.
The staff were all fantastic and i loved the location, being close to Southern cross station and Ethiad.
Would definately recommend this.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank April J
GM_QDocklands, General Manager at Quest Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear April,

Thank you for staying at Quest Docklands. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your many positive comments regarding our apartments and services.

We look forward welcoming you back to Quest Docklands on any future visits you may make to Melbourne.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Quest Docklands last Friday night so that i was close to the footy game that I wanted to go to at Etihad Stadium. I have nothing but praise for staff members that I had contact with, from the Reception staff, to the Housekeepers and also the laundry workers.

The greatest thing that they all did was return my phone charger to me by mail this week as I had stupidly left it in the wall when I left on Saturday morning. I didn't hold much hope for it when I rang on Sunday about it when I discovered it was missing. However, they tracked it down and I received it in the mail today, 4 days later. Sensational service!! Thank you Quest Docklands. The complimentary upgrade to a 2 BR room was also very good of them, and the room was great. I can't praise the Quest enough and will definitely be back when next I visit Melbourne.

Room Tip: If you are a footy fan, request a room overlooking Etihad Stadium, and watch the fans arriving and a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RooboyTasmania
GM_QDocklands, General Manager at Quest Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Rooboy,