Tripadvisor
Melbourne
All reviews free pancakes travel desk cinema room every morning victoria market king room public transport ensuite plugs cbd tram
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2020

Nice place to stay for some nights :

+ comfy beds, clean toilets and showers, helpful receptionist, delicious pancakes for breakfast, many chill areas around the bar and rooftop

- just the kitchen was a bit small

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Georgia M, General Manager at Nomads Melbourne Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

G'day! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear your enjoyed your time with us and hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Best wishes, Tess

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Comfy bed, quiet rooms, nice bar area, good people. Didn't use the kitchen, but looks a bit small for the size of hostel. Situated in a good location. Staff are good, and free pancakes for brekfast. Drinks deals also.

Trip type: Traveled solo

G'day there! Thanks for leaving us a review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again if you return to the city. Happy travels, Tess

Reviewed January 8, 2020

The best part of this hostel is the common area/bar and the activities they offer. However, I had such a bad arrival day that it didn't really wanted to make me stay longer or enjoy my stay. This is mainly because the staff seems to not care much about their guests well-being and their belongings.

First, I checked in, went to the room and directly felt uncomfortable as the room was messy. I picked a bed which looked free but was already taken and it turned out that they forgot to prepare one bed. When a guy then made the bed I also asked him if it's possible to briefly vacuum clean as the floor was dirty. The response I got was that this would have happened before so it was left dirty. I also had to clean up the stuff under my bed as it was left behind and they didn't care to remove it.

The worst thing is that I stored my foodbag in the fridge and after 3h somebody stole stuff out of it (worth it 18$). I talked to the staff, didn't felt any empathy or understanding but a guy went to check the cameras. When he got back to me after 10min he said he couldn't see anything special yet as people walked in/out all the time and that it is somehow normal that stuff gets stolen. During my 3month of staying in hostels in Australia, I've never had anything stolen!!! For me that says a lot about the hostel and that apparently it seems to be common here. However, the receptionist also made a note about it and said they gonna tell the manger and they will come back to me on Monday. On Monday I didn't got any response during the day so I went to the reception and asked again but they haven't even looked about it...This gives me the impression that they don't care about their guests well-being and their belongings at all. The whole situation was handled really bad.

Also in general the kitchen is very small so it's better if you only cook in times that are not a rush hour otherwise you won't be able to move in there. I've never seen the free pasta or rice in there even if they advertise it.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Georgia M, General Manager at Nomads Melbourne Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

G'day there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry you feel like this situation was not handled appropriately. I'm aware of the issue you are referring to, like you mentioned the staff member on duty made a note about this so that management was made aware of the issue. Also, like you mentioned, we looked at the cameras and could not see anything. We apologise that we were unable to find out anymore about this issue for you. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, Tess

Reviewed January 5, 2020

I stayed here for one night and it was absolutely comfortable being here. Lots of space in the room, friendly stuff, nice cinema room and great free pancakes for Breakfast. The atmosphere was always good so I completely satisfied with my stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Georgia M, General Manager at Nomads Melbourne Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

G'day! Thanks for leaving us such a great review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you visit us again. Safe travels, Tess

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

We (a mate and I) were here for one night. We arrived in the morning with the night bus and were allowed to make ourselves comfortable and relax in the Cinema Room until check-in. Afterwards we had tasty pancakes - for free. In the evening there was a relaxed atmosphere in the lounge. To recommend!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

G'day there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you visit us again. Best wishes, Tess