All reviewscity roadthese apartmentsepic apartmentscrown casinogreat locationbedroom apartmentsouth bankminute walkgreat apartmentwashing machine and dryerwalking distancewell equipped kitchenconvenience storefloor to ceiling windowslaundry facilitiesfull kitchenmain bedroom
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed in a 3bed 2 bath apartment with a group of six. Bright, clean and generally pretty good. We had a few minor issues with aircondiditoning but staff promptly addressed those issues, and the apartment could of had a few more wine glasses given that it accomodated 6-7 people. The carpark, while convenient, needs an explanation of how to exit it but ultimately it wasnt difficult to work out! All round a very good apartment and I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Booked for two apartments and asked same building same level. Got same building because I asked twice but same level remained a dream. They did not care in fact. Given the security policy in force, staying in this building was a nightmare. At check-in, the guy forgot to debit my credit card for reasons I still yet do not understand. Thus they try the next few days to debit the card for the total amount without the pin. At the end, VISA blocked the transaction at 3000A$ with a balance of 500$A. And then Short Stay blocked my access to one of the apartments whereas my wife and two of my children were still locked in. I get back the access to the apartment once I menace to set off the fire alarm and call the police. Damning day not saying the apartment floors were dirty, the dishwashers broken and the service far below the minimal level. Run away

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Pi5
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Beautiful, modern, well-appointed, 2-bedroom apartment in a fabulous location just south of Yarra River in the Southgate neighborhood of Melbourne just a short walk across the bridge from Federation Square. The apartment was well maintained and included nearly everything needed for a short stay. If you are hiring a car, the parking accommodations are reasonably priced and incredibly convenient. The only issue we had was that the air con system was not able to keep up with the 40 degree heat wave and hence the bedrooms became hot and would not cool down until hours past sunset. We rented through Wotif and had a very good deal; hence this apartment was very good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2012

A friend and I stayed recently stayed in a 2-bedroom apartment over Christmas Day.
Despite this peak period, we were checked-in promptly by friendly staff and enjoyed the use of the apartment, which was clean and fully furnished with all that you need. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed at the 173 City Rd apartments on the 21st floor for two nights in the week before Christmas in a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment. It was clean, bright and modern, with full length windows, though ours didn't have much of a view. Beds were firm but comfortable. Our kids had a swim in the indoor pool which was great after a long day of sightseeing. The only thing I could comment on in the negative was that the complementary shower and body lotion bottles had been used previously. The bathroom itself was spotless. No sign of bugs of any kind in the apartment! I can't imagine that would be likely with the excellent standard of hygiene we experienced and I'm pretty fussy. Loved having a washing machine and dryer to do our laundry overnight. Staff at reception were friendly and helpful in booking the skybus connector bus and letting us use a bathroom to change before our flight. It's about a 10 to 15 minute walk to Flinders St Station and all the laneways and coffee shops of Melbourne. About 5 minutes to Southbank eateries.
All in all it was much more spacious and cheaper than a hotel for 2 adults and 2 children in a very convenient location. Wifi internet access was $10 per 24 hours.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family