“Awesome Food, great service”
Review of The Tippler & Co

The Tippler & Co
Ranked #390 of 4,296 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian, European, Mediterranean, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Tippler & Co provides a place for people to appreciate all things food & drink.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This small restaurant at the end of wellington parade hosted my wives birthday party for 10 of us. The food is mainly sharing plates and we all got to sample much of the menu. Food was fantastic and the service was also excellent. Craft beers on tap just add to the joy of the meal! Will definitely be going back there - seemed like a great spot to of before a game at the MCG!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We came across this place by accident and it was so good we had to go back twice! It's a fantastic place with fabulous food and wine. Service is amazing and really friendly. The place is relaxed and very easy going.

The food is divine! We tried most things on the menu (it's share style). I'm not fond of broccoli, but the way they do it is unreal! The gnocchi is also well worth a try.

Definitely somewhere we'll head back to!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The tippler what a magical place!!! Came here on a first date and he super friendly staff appropriately seated us in the snug little booth at the end of their cigar lounge, where incidentally smoking is prohibited. It was super romantic and the service was amazing. Then the food started rolling in. The gnocchi and croquettes were recommended and I've never been so pleased to accept a recommendation in my life. We were so full but still made room for an amazing ginger and date pud nom nom. Look it was just a great experience and we will definitely be back, and thanks to the tippler me and my date are now a couple! I just hope with the footy coming up it doesn't get to busy!!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I ate here with a group of friends and we had a really good night. The food is absolutely delicious and there is heaps of variety. The food is served 'share style' which means you get to try heaps of different dishes. I was pleased to find that there are several very tasty vego options on the menu. I really recommend the arancini and gnocchi!

The staff were super friendly and helpful in recommending drinks to go with our food. The atmosphere is really good and the wine list has some really interesting options.

I will definitely be back!

1  Thank FP2
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My Husband and I walked here from home after doing a quick search of nearby resturants and decided to try this one and boy oh boy are we glad we did!
Firstly let me say that we aren't ones to review, unless they are awful. It was a Friday night and we called the same day to book a table for that night without a problem.
As you walk in you don't really know where to go or who to ask about your booking as you walk into a bar and there wasn't anyone around when we arrived so perhaps management could look into that. Even a sign saying 'please wait here to be seated' or something just so patrons aren't left standing awkwardly in the middle or the room.
The dining room is small but cute, I'd say bring a sweater as they often open the windows which adds to its charm.
Waiters were very friendly and personable, even spoke to the owner who informs us the restaurant has been open for only 3 months!
Lets get to the food shall we...
Potato bravis was ok, Pea & Ham Croq were yum, stand out was the gnochhi...OMG this was the best gn. we have ever had! and at $19 for a decent serve very good value. The beef short ribs were also great and at $26 for a large pretty good value too.
We had 3 drinks, 2 entrees and 2 mains and it came to $100 and we were FULL.
The setting is cool, the food is fresh and generous portions and the waiters are friendly....what more do you want?
The owner Gus says they change the menu every 3 months so you'll bet you'll find us there in the next few weeks!!
Keep up the good work guys, I only hope you can keep this standard up without jacking up the prices too much as you're onto a winning formula.

1  Thank KimH783